1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

3D Printer & Printing Talk

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Drones, bro, to carry my La-Z-Boy. I can do that now. I just need to program the hive mind and figure out a failsafe so I don't die or get severely injured.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

3. VanityHalfBlack

yall makin sex toys? i need a 15in dildo.

4. Xerobull

Following up to this, I can get AI to control the drone lazyboy hive now.

Got a Bambu P1S for Xmas. Man, is this thing an absolute dream. 10x faster than an Ender 3, probably only 2-3x more expensive after all of my Ender 3 mods. 4 spool feeder, can do up to 16 total with three more feeders (I don't think I'll go down that road) means I can print in four colors. Self leveling, self feeding, filament runout sensor, the works. The build quality of the printer itself is so nice. I've done 500mm/s prints and the quality of the prints is prenominal. Probably my best print on the Ender 3 at 50mm/s after endless hours of tweaking and upgrades doesn't compare to what I get out of the box with this thing. If you've been waiting on a plug and play 3d printer, this is the best thing the market has right now.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm curious if anyone here has actually made anything with their printers? Or are these home units more or less toys?

Can I build something and sell it on Etsy or someplace; make money with these??? Does the goo you put in them cost a lot? Do they stink up the house? What software do you need?

6. Xerobull

I've made tons of stuff. Functional and fun. https://www.reddit.com/r/functionalprint/

You can sell it on etsy and ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/204239706122

The filament or resin is cheap enough to make a profit. Not enough for me to bother with, though.

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Okay, I'm seeing a couple cool things on that reddit page. (Props for the Lara Croft too, especially so quick, but only 11 sold... ).

I guess, to be honest, I'm always sort of thinking dreaming about what to do next with my free time and how I might turn that into cash. There's some potential obviously. Or maybe not, I don't know. I guess I might have to play around...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member