1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[360] Braid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Apollo Creed, Aug 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

Yeah I'm not dropping $15 on a DLC title (even if it is good) just to show them you can't keep raising the price without repercussions. 400 point titles are history, and I don't want to see 1200 become the new 800.

3. Apollo Creed

That's a nice thought...but you can't stop the train once it's left the station. You, or anyone else who boycotts this...you're not "showing them" anything. Microsoft is an evil empire who will do anything and everything they want. They will consume as all.

But, for the time being, they provide me with products I like and can afford so I'm not gritchin' about it too much.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Street Fighter 2 HD Remix , and I heard Bionic Commando is great

5. Apollo Creed

Are either of those out yet? Release dates?

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

Bionic Commando is $10 and got a 9.4 rating on IGN. Braid - fail.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Bionic Commando TODAY
    http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/897/897976p1.html

HD Remix is probably next month.
    I'm currently Beta testing it now, they released a patch with new net code, barely any lag. I'm tired of the Ken vs Ryu (only characters on the beta) matchup though.

8. AGBee

AGBee Member

Braid developer: "People have asked me how many sales Braid needs in order to be profitable. The answer is, a lot more than it has gotten so far. (There are many reasons for this, which I may be motivated to talk about in the future). However, things are looking promising now — if Braid keeps selling, I’ll be able to afford to make the next game, and that will be good."

One has to wonder how many more sales they would have made at a lower cost, allowing them to reach profitability sooner. I know several people on gaming forums that haven't purchased this because of the higher price.

9. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I just posted a thread about this. You heard correct. I downloaded it on my lunch break and I was late back to work because of it :D

10. tinman

Supporting Member

they need to redo Shinobi

11. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Or Ninja Gaiden & Contra! :D

12. B

B Contributing Member

I wasn't happy about the price, but after buying it, I don't regret it. It's a entertaining game with a twist ending.

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The price is more than one would like, but it's not setting a new precedent. Other games have come in at this price, some even higher (like the Penny Arcade adventures).

It's hard to complain when the game is high quality when there's a lot of crap that gets shoveled out at $50 or $60 bucks. The only difference is it's pressed on a disc.

The game is really good, though I haven't beaten it yet. I found World 4 to be kind of disappointing; I didn't like the time mechanic in that one, and the 'trial and error' gameplay really ramped up.

Still, extremely well done, great puzzles and very unique gameplay. Well worth the money.