1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

30 games to go..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Feb 10, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Don't wanna jinx, but I am super excited. \o/

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We are in a good position to be the 3 seed or so by the end of the year, but the frustrating thing is those games we gave away to ****ty teams at the beginning of the year.

Lakers, 76ers, Sacramento... we would already be the #2 seed right now.

I can see us being the #4 or #5 seed but only missing HCA and the #2 or #3 seed by a game or two.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Sixers are an especially hard pill to swallow after the past 2 nights.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Every team drops games to lesser teams. It's just how the league works. That's why it's funny when people go so crazy over losses in an 82 game season, because that kind of stuff happens to every single team.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know that, I only included the most egregious loses. We've certainly had more than our fair share this year, along with bad luck at the end of games.

I didn't even mention the Jazz, the other Sacramento game, the Maverick game where we frittered away an almost sure win at the end, the Thunder game where we have a record setting bad night.. there are so many games to draw from, if we only win like two or three of those 50/50 games we would be in much better shape.

6. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Agreed, it's the NBA, if you make it into the NBA that means at the very least you have enough talent to beat any team on an off day. Just look at OKC and Pacers recent loss.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It kinda sucks the All-Star Break is happening this weekend. Just when the Rockets are playing their best ball of the year and are finally healthy(save for Greg Smith). I really hope they don't lose this momentum coming out of the break next week.

8. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

If anything, this will allow them to get some rest and recharge their batteries. I am sure having a 7-game W streak would help the positive vibes around the team.

I hope Greg can return by the end of the month (although I cannot see any minutes for him right now, given D-Mo's improved play)...that would be the first time we have a full squad...also, stay tuned for some Morey magic at the trade deadline (no sources, just speculation on my part).

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol yep everyones on their high now. wait until we lose and everyone has a heart attack and throws in the towel.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think the Rockets will win the Southwest Division this year for sure. I'm seeing us as the number 3 seed, but 2 seed is possible if we can beat the Clippers in our remaining games we have with them

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ordinarily, I'd agree. But they just had a stretch where they played only 3 games in 10 days. They're already rested and recharged.

12. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

So proud of this team right now bhopefully, they can keep the momentum going after the ASG.

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I'm not worried at all, we have a healthy Omer Asik back by March. Everything is all good. :cool:

14. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

I think Lins actually played great even coming off the bench, I'd go as far as to say he has surpassed expections. Besides that, dwight alone can carry a team almost by himself to the finals. If we could find any takers on Asik like New Orleans perhaps for Ryan Anderson and then another deal could be a second round pick or two for harden so we can free up cap space and shore up some of out defensive problems and ball movement problems, we may have a shot at reaching the finals while at the same time set ourselves up nicely for next years deep draft.

15. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Order of Operations, sir!

Always determine division winners first. In this case, the Clippers win their division. Division winners always win a tie break over non division winners. So the Clippers would be #3.

Rockets win the two team tie break over the Blazers and would be #4. Blazers would be #5.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

winning percentage before division leader unless it's for 4th place.

17. NewAge

NewAge Member

One game at a time!
    Washington is a must win. We are at home, and they'll be in a tough b2b after Memphis. You do that, and you're @ 36-17...
    Then, after the All Star, the sched gets much tougher, but a 19-10 is the minimum to be expected, which gives us 55W.

If everyone is healthy and locked on, who knows, the sky is the limit. 22-7 after All Star and we're at 58W. Certainly possible if no setbacks.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v4jGSvxCRp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Isn't this how every loss works here?

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

20. boondoggle

boondoggle Member

After the next two, we've got a tough 12 game stretch. Eight of them are on the road, ten are against playoff teams, and six are against contenders (if you count Portland and the Clippers).

Feb 20 @GS (2nd night in back-to-back)
    Feb 23 @PHX
    Feb 25 @SAC
    Feb 26 @LAC (back-to-back)
    Mar 1 vs. DET
    Mar 4 vs. MIA
    Mar 5 @ORL (back-to-back)
    Mar 7 vs. IND
    Mar 9 vs. POR
    Mar 11 @OKC
    Mar 13 @CHI
    Mar 16 @MIA

So far we're 9-9 against these teams (haven't played MIA yet) with only three of those wins coming on the road.

We're really going to see what we're made of during this stretch.