1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

3 weeks until training camp / will landry be signed by then?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Sep 9, 2008.

Tags:
?

how will the landry situation play out?

1. Landry, Dorsey, and Deke are all signed before camp starts

199 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. None are signed in time for camp because DM waits to sign landry first

62 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry is signed during preseason or regular season

99 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry & DM don't reach an agreement, Landry is let go.

79 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. joesr

joesr Member

Question: If we sign Landry to a bigger contract then expected will we have money to sign Artest next year? (lets say Landry finally gives in to do the knee inspection and all goes well) Do we have expiring contracts next year? (according to a salary cap roster Franchise and Butler and Reed ((last two wtf?))

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i don't think landry's contract will affect artest's contract negotiations next summer. i think artest will lobby for an extension which would leave him making the same amount as he is now.

3. akiracy

akiracy Member

i dunno about that, i remember hearing in a interview and artest said hes been underpaid his whole career, sounded like he wanted the $$$

4. LoveRoxHateJazz

I remember when everyone was high on Landry juice during the regular season, and all I could think about was trading him for someone like Jose Calderon (any proven rookie/sophomore). I knew he would remember his rookie contract fiasco with Morey.

I still think more than $2.35 million/year is overpaying him. Morey should add a player option the third year if that's what it takes to get Landry signed. We'd basically be signing him for 2 years if the knee is a non-issue, or 3 years if we never see the old Landry again. 3 years, $7.35 million with a player option his third year.

Or 3 years, $8.73 million with a team/qualifying option the third year. $2.91/year is overpaying him, but if that's what it takes to lock him up for three years, then I'm all for it, Morey.

Yea, I was wondering what he was talking about.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
    -Saul Bellow

5. Kuusisto

Kuusisto New Member

definitely~

6. joesr

joesr Member

7. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I still think a healthy Carl is worth more than 4 mil/per. And most probably, Artest won't be here with us next season. Pretty much the only scenario where he stays is that he fits right in, no chemistry problems at all, and we get at least to the West Conf. Finals.

8. joesr

joesr Member

To bad we don't know if is healthy or not.

Also, if Artest was to help get us to the WC or better yet championship series (win or lose), you can almost guarantee yourself that Morey will pull something out of his but to keep Artest.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

these are pretty bold statements.

i don't think carl is worth more than scola, and so he shouldn't make more.

10. sook

sook Rookie

I couldn't care less if Landry isn't signed, i was real high on him but he is close to useless and the 2nd round pick we drafted when his knees are in bad shape. :eek:

11. skamal4484

skamal4484 Contributing Member

This is funny... I know a girl who gives carl landry lap dances, he is staying in houston for sure according to her. Its just a matter or time until they have a contract.

I also saw rafer alston out and about at a club, nice guy. He had a designated driver this time (his designated driver was drinking, but atleast it wasn't rafer).

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

One week left now.

if nothing happens by friday, i assume he will miss training camp. also, because of the money situation, deke and dorsey will also miss camp. deke doesn't really need it, but its important for a rook and a soph.

13. kwng

kwng Member

It's getting nearer to the training camp and still no news on Landry, Deke and Dorsey. This is absolutely disappointing.

14. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Which is only because Scola is severely underpaid. A Power Forward with his talents is worth more than 3 million dollars (and you have to think about the amount he paid to buy out his contract at Tau). See Nene for God's sake. And he's supposed to be Denver's savior? Aw c'mon.

15. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Still no news i'm so sad.... :(

16. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

This seals it. He's staying for sure :D

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

good point that scola is underpaid. however that doesn't justify giving a second round pick who played half a season and is recovering from an injury anything more than that.

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

seriously, 8 more days until training camp. **** better be happening.

19. AXG

AXG Member

I hope the Rockets can reach deals with both Landry and Dorsey quickly, but the team has to make do with the peices they got.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

making due without 3 big men (landry/dorsey/deke) will not be easy.

deke can still be effective without attending training camp. but rookies and sophomores like dorsey and landry NEED the experience. missing camp, or even a portion of it, can be a huge hinderance on their performance this season.