1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 weeks until training camp / will landry be signed by then?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Sep 9, 2008.

Tags:
?

how will the landry situation play out?

1. Landry, Dorsey, and Deke are all signed before camp starts

199 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. None are signed in time for camp because DM waits to sign landry first

62 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry is signed during preseason or regular season

99 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry & DM don't reach an agreement, Landry is let go.

79 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This poll doesn't work...

I wanted to vote that Landry was signed before pre-season... but not necesarily Deke

Where was that option!?!?!

Couldn't you just have simplified the options?

2. LoveRoxHateJazz

I feel the same way.

3. Shay

Shay Member

Because Landry can finish inside , instead of missed layups/floaters we get dunks.
    Landry can make his free throws and has a good mid range jumper.

4. chineseBboy0821

maybe this guy were overated by us......signing or not signing,its a question. :D

5. battousai

battousai Member

landry will sign with us at the last minute.

Dorsey and Deke will sign soon (before landry).

Look,

Dorsey is a rookie, we got his number and he ain't going anywhere except if he don't want him.

Deke, with addition of artest, he wants to be in Hou town. However he wants more than the mini which i think he deserves.

Landry, he's not going oversea, no other teams wanted him with his "problem knee". he is basically waiting for Morsey to give him the most offer. (whatever left over from signing dorsey and deke)

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I vote "Landry, Dorsey, and Deke are all signed before camp starts" Dorsey and Deke are going to be the members of the team without much a question. As for Landary, he is in the plan of the team, can not get more money from elsewhere, I do not think he has many choices besides staying in the rockets.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

just gonna bump this since it's now 2 weeks until camp and still not a word of news on this front.

8. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

his mid range aint that good, but his rebounding n energy are huge off the bench. i dont think his worth more the 4mil a yr max. A very useful player but not a necessity if the price is too high.
    His midrange game is definietly not as good as some think if he could develop that he would definetly be a 7-10mil type player. until then... 4mil max

9. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I think Baker is playing the "blink" game, hoping the Rockets dip into the MLE to give Dorsey and Deke more money, so he can go to someone out there, who'll give Landry a full MLE offer, with the attraction that we can't match it.

The Rockets aren't blinking so far, and aren't going to let good talent walk away, even if we now have Artest, and don't need Landry as much.

If the Rockets sign Dorsey and Deke, Baker will lose all his leverage. With Artest in place, the Rockets can just wait it out.

... but, Baker might push this all the way until the trading deadline ... ala Varejo. It won't get Landry any more money, IMO, and Landry could miss a chunk of the season, losing his place in the rotation, and probably get traded to someone else for a backup center or another piece we need more.

I'd love to see Baker negotiate in good faith, give the Rockets the medical information they've requested since Landry had problems in his recovery after last season's injury. But, Baker obviously hopes to tap into the buzz that developed last year, and leverage that into as much as he can.

Unfortunate for him, it looks like Morey has effectively scared everyone off.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Two questions:

what domestic team has either the cash or roster space to trump the Rox? and
    what does Landry 'look' like right now re: knee and summer work?

Oh, he will be signed before the first pracice, and the others will follow suit.

BTW - I'd like to see Deke start the season as a coach and get added to the roster when the need arises.

11. FFz

FFz Member

i dont think deke wants to deal with training camp... come on hes like 85 and this is his 40th season as a pro. He'll be ready when we need him. I bet he acts like an assistant coach or something until half way into the season then joins.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

13. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

:D ;
    HEY DO WE REALLY NEED LAUNDRY...I MEAN TO GET THE ROCKETS #1 FAN. AND ALL THE WREST HERE. BUT WHAT ABOUT BATTIER/ARTEST? DO THEY GET SOME TIME?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets can wait out Landry, he ain't gonna work at baskin robbins.

DD

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

that's not what you said about bonzi wells last summer ;)

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is because Bonzi was getting FREE Ice cream.

And I hate Bonzi.

DD

17. sook

sook Rookie

LOL!!! :cool:

18. Trojan

Trojan Member

I like Landry's game, but he cann't create oppurtunity for himself, he only thing he just can do is catch and shoot/dunk, so he just overrates himself this time. I think 3 million is good for both him and rockets.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You do realize that Hakeem could not create for himself either, he needed someone to get him the ball........

Creating for yourself is vastly overated....finishing....is underated.

DD

20. stephen94

stephen94 Member

Reasons why Landry is obsolete.

1). We have Joey Dorsey and Scola.
    2). His game has not been the same ever since that knee injury.
    3). One game winning block does not make him a great player.
    4). He's not worth the money that his agent is asking for.
    5). Landry won't get as many minutes if Joey Dorsey does well. And that would be a waste.