1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 weeks until training camp / will landry be signed by then?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Sep 9, 2008.

Tags:
?

how will the landry situation play out?

1. Landry, Dorsey, and Deke are all signed before camp starts

199 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. None are signed in time for camp because DM waits to sign landry first

62 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry is signed during preseason or regular season

99 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry & DM don't reach an agreement, Landry is let go.

79 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

exactly. he really thinks he's making or breaking this team, he must be crazy.

2. YugoRocketsFan

I dont care what you guys say, we NEED Landry, he is a great finisher, just simply love his play on the court, you throw a pass to him downlow and you know its a finish, we need Landry.

3. LoveRoxHateJazz

voteban?

No one but his agent is overrating him. The OP was concerned that we would not be able to sign two other players because of the present situation. The only figures I have seen lately are 971K for one season. That is around Landry's current market value. We are all getting sick of his agent, and I have even accused Landry of taking steroids in order to get a fat contract. Yet that didn't have any effect on his current value. The mixed opinion of the BBS is not going to change anything on the Landry situation.

Can we get these kids off the BBS? If you seriously still believe in your post, I don't know what else to say.

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Now that's some funny *****!

5. LoveRoxHateJazz

Torraye Braggs. Lonny Baxter. Stromile Swift. Maurice Taylor. Clarence Weatherspoon. Scott Padgett. Juwan Howard. Ryan Bowen.

Do you now understand why we would like to have Landry in our PF rotation? We just don't want it to cost us an arm and a knee.

6. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

Anytime brother, just give me a call and I'll be there for you(L).

7. Shay

Shay Member

I don't see what's everybody problem with Landry.

Seriously what is wrong with trying to get the best contract possible.

He should think about him self and his family like he is doing not about the Rockets and the fans like you people want him too.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

of course, but the fans will always think of the team first.

also - if landry and his agent are smart, they would sign before the rockets dip into the MLE money to sign deke and dorsey, thus loweing the amount they can offer landry.

deke and dorsey want to sign and will be signed before camp begins. landry and his agent better smarten up and agree to something before then. otherwise, they better be looking overseas because the rockets still hold his rights.

9. YugoRocketsFan

What about finishing? We need Carl Landry.

10. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

This whole mess reminds me of Jerry Mcguire.

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Landry's all heart mother****er!!!

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Landry's a good player but the fact is that he isn't a necessity for this team and he isn't all that special. If he doesn't sign for a reasonable price...let him go.

13. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Dude you're one smoking. I don't care whatever else you say, but Carl's current market value is 900k? That's just ridiculous. 8 pts, 5 boards, energy off the bench, passion, and remember that tooth? he has his fair share of problems, most notably that bum knee, but 3 mil is a minimum. You don't see many quality big men around here, at least one with youth, potential, skills and a love for the game.

14. kwng

kwng Member

I hope Landry will sign soon. I also hope the Rockets is not offering him another low balled contract but a decent and comparable to other players that has similar contributions in pts, rbds, %FG.

15. Shay

Shay Member

We are not signing Dorsey and Deke because Landry is more important.
    If we can't sign Landry before camp then we will sign Dorsey to a typical 2nd round pick and not waste the MLE and use the veteran's minimum for Deke.

Right now IMO Landry and his agent want a Turiaf type deal which was 17 million for 4 years I believe and Morey only offers between 2.5 and 3 million a year saying that Landry doesn't deserve to get paid more then the starter Scola.

We have all the leverage because nobody offered Landry a contract.

2 scenarios are possible imo:

A.Landry will sign for the qualifying offer or sign a cheap 2 year deal with a 2nd year player option.

B.Morey will give Landry more money than he originally planned (about 12-13 million for 4 years) and Landry will sign it to get some security.

Either way Landry will be a Rocket next year , so will Dorsey , about Deke I am not sure because we are not paying more than the vet minimum doesn't matter what happens with Landry so if he won't take that maybe he will retire or go to the Celtics or something.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

what's your problem, other than being rude :rolleyes:

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The thing about landry is he basically is just a hustle guy. Take chuck hayes, take away some of the defense, and add a little dunking and boom, you got carl landry.

Hayes doesn't get paid that much, why should landry?

20. LoveRoxHateJazz

The most I would give Landry is $2.35 million per season. Something like $7.05 million over three years. More than that and we are overpaying him.

The $1 million, one year contract is a lowball offer to see if this kid is the real deal, or if he can manage to play more than 15 minutes per game without his knee blowing up.