1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3-Team Trade (Cleveland, Milwaukee, OKC)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Aug 13, 2008.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah... :rolleyes:

First: read Clutch's post (a few previous to yours)

Second: Michael Redd scored 23,25,26,23 points per game the last 4 seasons (that Williams has been at the Bucks).
    If the kid (and he's only 25) can set up Michael Redd that well, imagine what he can do for Lebron James!!

Of course James isn't just a spot up shooter, but neither is Redd. Williams will be great - he'll take the pressure off James in the halfcourt set by giving them a second genuine scoring option.

Serious talent upgrade for the Cavs with this move - and they may well keep Delonte West as the backup!

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did you ever think there was a coaching problem (as in Krystkowiak was in over his head)? How likely do you think he ever sniffs another head coaching job in the NBA? Of course he's not solely to blame for how sorry they were because that roster was poorly put together.

If Michael "Black Hole" Redd can get enough shots with Mo Williams at the point, LeBron will be fine. The Cavs improved by dumping trash for a talented player and the Bucks benefit from addition by subtraction.

3. Classic

Classic Member

No Yao = Rafer is #2 option and that's just sad...

even more amazing is that the team won 55 games last year :eek:

Good upgrade for the Cavs. Perhaps he'll be what they were hoping Larry Hughes would be.

4. FFz

FFz Member

I'm just telling it like how i saw it last season. Most of the time it was whoever brought the ball up the court going 1 on 5 with a few picks mixed in.

If you look at http://www.82games.com/0708/0708MIL2.HTM, the only time the 5 man +/- is positive is when Williams is off the court.

If you go by lenovo http://www.nba.com/statistics/lenovo/lenovo_sort.jsp?pcomb=5&season=22007&split=9&team=Bucks, the team plays better with Charlie Bell at the point than Williams. He's just not a team player.

5. yuantian

yuantian Member

meh, got rid of one problem in milwaukee. we still have another big problem though. michael redd. he and bogut just don't match.

6. Laozi

Laozi Member

Interesting to hear the opinion of a Bucks fan

7. yuantian

yuantian Member

:D michael is a great player, but i don't think the team chemistry is there. who knows, maybe the new folks will help out. the new GM wants some big change, but might as well get an entirely new team to fit bogut, since they just signed him to a big contract. maybe RJ is the missing piece. you never know. if next season they don't get in playoffs, it's time to blow up the team again.

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Welcome Dez Mason :D

[​IMG]

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

While obviously the Cavs got the best player in the deal.

That said is Mo W significantly better playing off of Lebron than West/Gibson filling the PG minutes? I don't know, I am skeptical. Gibson (surprised he wasn't brought up more) is a lot better off the ball shooter than Mo W (career wise and even last year--MW best shooting year), and Delonte is probably the best defender/more versitile of the 3 (and not that far off of MW career shooting). Overall, their +/- and PERs (own/opponent) among these 3 are all similar as well. If this move ushers West out, I think I would just have stuck with West/Gibson.

I don't think Cleveland most pertainent issue is a 2nd scorer/creator. They need guys to be more efficient off the ball because it will be in Lebron's hands. This seems more of a lateral move when you consider it costs Gibson/West minutes.

I really don't see much of this unless they trade West+ for someone like JRS (more punch in the SG) as another mentioned. Ideal would be West + (Vereajo, Z, Hickson, filler, picks) for someone like Vince Carter or perhaps West + a little for say Steph Jackson. Now a guy like Carter or Jackson could at least get them back to the finals--be very very dangerous.

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Didnt he already go to europe?

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No. That was a false rumor.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I don't know if Mo Williams is perfect... but when you are just giving up the earthly remains of Joe Smith and Damon Jones, getting Mo for less is pretty good.

13. baller4life315

You had to make this move if you are Cleveland. Very similar to the Artest trade. Low risk, high reward. They gave up practically nothing and got back a potential x-factor type of player.

25-years-old, explosive shooter/scorer and more than adequate playmaking skills. He's the kind of player LeBron can make look like a near All-Star.