1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 reasons why Yao should leave Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Setuablaz3, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

1) Yao has given everything he has to this team. Although results haven't been amazing, he got them to 2nd round. He played through thick and thin. He doesn't owe anybody anything. He's a free man.

2) Changing team will give him a fresh start. Just look at Kevin Garnett. He doesnt have much time left. He can treasure his good memories and shed his bad memories from Houston. He will love this city till he breathes but it doesnt mean the end of the world.

3) If you want to win you call the shots, not your coach, not your gm and certainly not your team owner. He has to see its business, 5 years down the road he will be discarded like a used up tissue. Iron is hot right now.

3 reasons why Rockets should trade Yao.

1) Yao sucks bad. He is a top 30 guy and the rest of the team around the league are laughing at Houston for building their team on a top 30 guy. He gets taken out once he gets fronted. He's a turnover machine. No hope for this guy. There are tons of better low post player in the league than this clown.

2) Rebuild. This team can win without Yao like some of you said. AB is the new and improved Tony Parker. Scola is dominant down low and scores at will. Von Wafer is like MJ on red bulls. Championship right there.

3) Yao has good trade value right now. Few years down the road you never know if he will break down again. You dont want to go through another of this heartbreak. Send him away and there, no more heart breaks for you. Make hay right now.

I read the articles in public domain and then I read posts on this board. The amount of non believers and the ridicule thrown at Yao is unbelievable. Very little of those points are legit and demand consideration. I find this amusing and traiturous at the same time. I swear I would find more love for Yao in Jazz's board. It's like Yao has overstayed his welcome and people cant wish to see him gone. If you hate the guys guts so much, put up or shut up or err... send him away.

Next season would be a farewell year for Yao so they can win ring with Tracy back. As bum of a person Tracy is, Yao isnt a guy who carries excess baggage. Yao will play freely and Tracy will be out there to prove people. They win the ring. Yao leaves the town. Everyones happy.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

:D
    why am i laught out loud ;)

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

typo happens

5. jwayne

jwayne Member

ummm.... no, never, nada...

6. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

You are contradicting yourself. In the first part of your post, you said Yao got us to the second round. Then in the second part you said he sucks bad. I don't understand. If he sucks bad, then how did he get us to the second round? :confused: Remember, Tracy, the one you claimed will be back to prove people, could not do that, even in his prime.

Von Wafer should not be compared to MJ. Are you kidding me?! MJ on redbull?! Are you implying he is more energetic than MJ?

Just face the truth man. Tracy sucks and will never have a come back season. He's done.

7. dexkk

dexkk Member

Apparently, there's only two reasons why Yao should do anything.

1. YOF

2. YOH

8. MandM's

MandM's Member

Agree he should go. And win big somewhere else. This organization didn't even try to provide support for him last season and it led to another injury. No backup, no plan coming off of surgery. Now he will pay for the rest of his career. Adelman is wrong coach for him. I say let adelman have his way showcasing role players and let him continue to be disappointed by 2nd round exits

But if he (ming) can stay helathy and get in the right situation he can win big quickly

Robinson never won anything before Duncan. And was really good. Same for Shaq before Kobe. Garnett or Pierce before union. All really good players who floundered. Superstars for their teams but no title contenders. I think Yao is much like Gasol, another guy who was talented but lost in Memphis... now look at the guy he is a huge part of the Lakers now. The same can happen for Yao but not here in Houston

9. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Although the second part of the post failed miserably, I think it was attempt at sarcasm. Even the serious part of the post failed miserably.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Bad two-face post.

[​IMG]

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm glad you got that off your chest.

12. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I agree Yao should leave Houston, the sooner the better. But I can only find one reason why he should do this, on behalf of Houston and the Rockets team.

13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

this thread needs to be re-named 3 reasons why this thread makes no sense

14. blender

blender Member

Yao averaged less than 33 minutes while playing a full regular season. And in the playoffs it was obvious Mutombo would've gotten substantial minutes had he not gotten injured.

Granted we could still use some more size in the backcourt but I don't see what more Adelman could have done to manage Yao's minutes. Even Yao stated in his final news conference for the season that he was satisfied with how his playing time was managed and hoped to build on it next season.

15. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

Really ,I don't know for sure if Houston will win a champion under yao 's leadership ,but one thing i know for sure is that the memory in Houston for yao won't be bad !

16. RoxD

RoxD Member

It is interesting to see both Y<a>O</a>F and Y<a>O</a>H want Yao to leave Houston, and the Rockets-only fans just want to play Yao 40 min every game to make sure Yao is washed out or injured at the end of the season so that Team China won't call him for Asian competitions. (When Yao was injured in the second round playoff series, it was acclaimed as "a good news in disguise": "Yao can finally have a rest for the whole Summer."):rolleyes: ;) :p

And I find from reports that Yao desires to stay as a Rocket, the owner wants him to stay, the GM wants him to stay. But where is the manager?
    The manager did not join the owner, the GM, and Yao at the team interview.

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

1 Reason Rookies Shouldn't Post?

No, you wouldn't. Boozer, for example, lights a lot of teams up. But his shortcomings have Jazz fans calling for his head pretty regularly. Guess what makes them the angriest?

He gets injured.

See, that's what fans do on messageboards. They discuss the team. They discuss the good and the bad. They discuss what makes their team better, and what things are hurting it's progress.

Just because people discuss the positives and negatives of a player doesn't make them 'traitorous'. Nor does it mean everyone wants to get rid of him. Some of you seem to take it way too personally.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Yao will stay, because the owner uses him as a cash cow. What the Rockets will do is find a center that matches up better in the modern NBA game, and the new guy will probably split duty with Yao during the playoffs. This is why I think all the talk from Morey about not investing heavily in a backup is all a smoke screen. Nope, when the dust settles, the Rockets will have a second big man and that big man is going to be athletic, young, healthy, and have a high motor. This is why Tracy is gone, it's not likely the Rockets can get a guy like that without giving up his expiring contract.

I could be wrong, but I just do see any other way around the two pronged problem of Yao staying healthy and Yao being neutralized by a defensive strategy that everyone in the league knows will work against him.

The more interesting question is who the Rockets will go after. It's not really a long list, since teams don't cough up talented big men except under extraordinary circumstances.

19. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

All we need is to get rid of tracy and look for a backup center.

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

we will get a good backup center who will play more in the playoffs because he matches up better with a faster pace. someone like gortat from the magic would be an excellent backup.

gortat 30 mins yao 15 min imo ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.