1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 on 3: MJ Pippen Rodman vs. Wade LBJ Bosh

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The CDN Dream, Dec 28, 2011.

Tags:
?

3 on 3 halfcourt and 5 on 5 fullcourt

1. 3 on 3: Mj Pippen Rodman

87.2%
  2. 3 on 3: Wade LBJ Bosh

13.3%
  3. 5 on 5:Mj Pippen Rodman

65.6%
  4. 5 on 5: Wade LBJ Bosh

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Who would win in a 3 on 3 halfcourt game?

- mj is mj
    - mj and pippen are plus defenders but so are wade and lbj
    - rodman is better rebounder... dont know much about his man to man defence
    - bosh is a better scorer than rodman

--------------------------------------

Who would win in a 5 on 5 nba game with both team having joel anthony and mario chalmers filling the other spots?

2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I was torn between the 3 on 3, but i chose Wade, LBJ Bosh. I think that in a 5 on 5 team concept the MJ, Pip Rod would kill them, but in a half court game they would lose because Rod has no offense. He would be able to get under Bosh skin and that would be the only way he can cancel him out. I think MJ (in his prime was) > LBJ & Wade, but MJ/Pip = LBJ/Wade or only slightly better.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Rodman would literally rape Bosh to death in the paint and MJ will just be MJ. LeBron and Wade have the upperhand against Pippen, whoever you choose to match him up with.

1 person likes this.
  4. VBG

VBG Member

Well the thing about Rodman, Pippen and Jordan is that they can switch on any type of pick and still have one of the best defensive matchups. I don't see Bosh doing anything against Rodman. And Miami would suffer on the boards as well with Dennis there.

Rodman is one of the best defensive players and rebounders (best rebounder for his size IMO) of all time.

1 person likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

MJ, Pippen, and Rodman

MJ and Pippen wouldn't force passes to each other to prove the media that they can play together despite having the same game.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So how many DPOY awards and 1st or 2nd team All-Defense did MJ, Pippen and Rodman produce. Plus, all three of them could guard anyone on the 3-man Miami team.

No comparison.

7. heypartner

Rodman won DPOY twice. He was the only man ever to give Larry Bird fits. And he was like a 2nd and 3rd yr player, then.

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Look at it this way.

Let's say it's evenly matched on a athletic basis.

MJ would smack talk Lebron and get into his head. It's pretty clear that it's pretty easy to get into Lebron's head.

I think that would throw the balance of the game.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Rodman would outplay Bosh today.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Rodman would make Bosh cry.

1 person likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Rodman was one of the best defenders in the history of the NBA. Bosh would be in tears after he was matched up with Rodman.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Rodman wouldnt have any offense. Though he would force Bosh into misses, and more importantly he would grab all those missed shots to give his team more opportunities.

Just based on season averages, Bulls Rodman grabs almost TWICE as many boards as Heat Bosh. Some of Bosh's rebounds go to Lebron and Wade, but its still 7-8 more rebounds Rodman gets. Thats already 5+ more shots for the Bulls going in.

Lebron and Wade are stronger than Jordan and Pippen, remarkably so. Though Lebron is not a post presense. Wade gambles on steals and gets great block numbers for a guard, though almost gambling to do it.

I give slight edge to Bulls over Heat.

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Rodman wouldn't have to score. He'd just have to set picks for MJ with the ball and Pippen without, get in Bosh's head, play strong switching defense, and rebound.

Mental edge here is huge for the Bulls. I would even think about putting Rodman on James at times. With switching, MJ could trash talk Wade and James and Rodman could freak out Bosh and James.

(It should be noted though, that as far as defense perimeter defense goes, the Rodman in Chicago was not the Rodman in Detroit.)

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

rodman and bosh would be setting fruity picks on each other that would eventually lead to an on-court makeout session.

2 people like this.
  15. MD_in_Training

Would they be playing 4th quarters? Cuz, you know... Lebron can't give you a dollar.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

P.S. Who's on top?

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think the opposite.

Lebron, Wade & Bosh are stronger, longer athletes.

In a transition game the Heat-3 would have the younger legs. Lebron can be like a freight train going into the lanes. They'd have a slight edge doing "Lob City".

A half-court game favors MJ and Rodman's mental edge and better pure skills.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think you're underestimating how well MJ & Pippen played together unlike how Wade & LeBron.

Those two constantly fed off each other for offense defense and sometimes (more so for MJ) did it all by themselves. I think with them all being in their prime the fresher/younger legs argument would be a moot (sp?) point.

Rodman >>>>> Bosh is a no contest.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you kidding me? Rodman will end all their careers. One inadvertent elbow for wade+one foot under Lebron+1 mean glare at Bosh=end of Miami Big Three.

I don't think MJ is the GOAT but remember he and Pippen and Rodman all played bball when handchecks were still around and people who acted like thugs REALLY are thugs, not like ghetto fake thugs like Melo. I have no idea how much MJ and Pippen will average in today's no-touch NBA, probably 30 a game each.

20. heypartner

Rodman's passing and offensive IQ are equal to Chuck Hayes.