1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 day trip to Chicago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

2nd that!

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

North Avenue Beach. Best beach in the USA in the summertime.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Fify.

4. s land balla

No salt > salt.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm going to try to book the Beijing Duck Feast at Sun Wah. Anyone ever had this? Is it as good as all the hype?

I've never had Peking duck, and I've always wanted to try it, so does my wife. We both love duck.

For anyone who's ever been: If I call tomorrow, you think I can get in for Friday? We're pretty open as far as time...

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I want to go to Al's.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

If you don't make it, I know a good Peking dick place here in H-Town, on the outskirts of Chinatown. PM me and I'll give you the details, brah! :cool:

8. s land balla

So many things wrong with this. :grin:

9. RocketMan Tex

:grin::grin::grin:

My middle name is wrong....:grin:

10. Two Sandwiches

I hate to say it but the cubs game was the best game I've ever been to. It was helped by the fact that Will Ferrell and Zac Galafanakis threw out the first pitch and announced the cubs lineup together.

I'll post the video and more fun times when I get home.

Having a great time so far. Love this place.

11. RocketMan Tex

Saw that on ESPN. I love Chicago and Wrigley Field. Did you go to the Cubby Bear?

12. Two Sandwiches

No, it was super packed. For such a lousy team, it was ridiculous around Wrigley.

13. GRENDEL

Eddie where were you sitting, we've been going to Chicago for years now but the Cubs have been out of town.

We are going to go to finally catch a game on Aug 11th, trying to get an idea about parking and what the sections are like during a game.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Always is, that's what I love about Wrigleyville. I'm definitely going to catch a few more games before the season is up.

15. Two Sandwiches

We sat in section 407. Cheap seats with a great view. I think they were 18 bucks on stubhub. You don't have to worry about any obstructions at all in this section. Go to a game, it's crazy fun.

As far as transportation, ride the red line to Addison. It'll drop you off right behind the stadium.

We've ridden the red line for nearly everything we've done. If I were booking a hotel over again, I'd book near that line, although our journey in from the burbs hasn't been bad.

16. GRENDEL

Cool deal, thaks for the info! Nexst time I recommend staying in Rosemont near O'hare, we've stayed there various times, great hotels and location. Rail station very close.

17. Two Sandwiches

I have to give you props on these two. We went to the Original Pancacke house one morning as we were walking to the Lincoln Park Zoo, and it was pretty good. I had the Cherry Crepes (not remembering your reccomendation), and I liked them a lot.

But good god Pequods was great. We went there on the first day for lunch, and we both loved it (had a mushroom and pepperoni). The caramelized cheese is amazing. The next day, we were in downtown looking for dinner. Stumbled upon Gino's East, and were gonna go there, because I remembered that it's apparently popular. There was like an hour wait just to get in the door. We saw the prices and were shocked. We kind of looked at each other and read each other's mind. We ended up taking the train back out to Pequod's and having what was probably a better pizza for about half the price. This time, we ordered a pepperoni and garlic. Probably the best pizza I've ever had. We ordered three smalls as we were leaving town to bring home to the in-laws and brother in-law. It was that good. I will rep you again after I spread some around.

I have to throw out a recommendation of my own, too. If you're in town (I know you Chicago natives have probably been here before), you must go to Sun-Wah and try the Peking Duck. You should call a day or two in advance and make reservations. Tell them you want the Peking Duck. I think it was like 37 bucks for the meal (for the two of us), and it was one of the best meals I've ever had.

Overall, we had a great time on our trip. I feel like we only saw maybe like a quarter of the city. We did mostly touristy things. We walked through a few of the neighborhoods. It was a great time.

Here's my video of Ferrell and Galifianakis at the Cubs game. Sorry about the quality, as it's from my phone. Sorry about the annoying laughter, too.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SKcGDqSihOE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. s land balla

Glad to hear it!

19. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I will take some rep. I seconded Pequods also. :grin:

20. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Ha! What a difference a month can make. Actually moving up there next week!