1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3-27-2016: Coaching is the reason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like J B
    I am backing J B
    but he was not ready for the Big Chair.

As I watch the last Minute and a Half of this game
    it was 100% a Coaching disaster.
    Why were we launching 3s like it was the last second play every time down???
    Come On!
    That last 7 seconds trying to get the ball inbounds???
    COME THE F*** ON!!!

Now .. I am no J.B. Hater
    and Lord knows I wanted him to succeed .. but dammit . .COME THE F*** ON!!!

Rocket River

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

its like they don't practice any inbound plays in practice...

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The coaching is as bad as it has been for the past 4 yrs. The rockets are still playing Morey's puppet down there.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Complete and utter failure by Morey and Les to hand the keys to a rookie coach. Hard to blame JB at this point. It's clear he wasn't remotely ready.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

My signature says all.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey should be fired for he ever said the coach is not that important.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

They just gave up at early season.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope J B gets another chance somewhere down the line
    but . . . now is just not his time

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Those are my puppets down there!
    [​IMG]

Oh, they're costing us games?
    [​IMG]

Just kidding! Coaching doesn't really matter!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I honestly only caught the last 3 minutes of the Pacers game

It does not matter what happened the previous unseen 45 minutes - the coaching decisions still need to be sound DESPITE the play of the players.

I can't be complimentary to JBB about his decisions in this situtation. Wrong guys in the game, wrong guys in position, bad strategies after that.

If Rocket players played up to their potential, Rox can be okay in spite of JBB. However coaching is supposed to be effective even if the players are ineffective or dont execute. When it isnt it is bad coaching plain and simple.

Its not JBB's fault though. Its Morey and Les's curious approach about importance of coaching, when there are probably better coaching options out there.

Yes have to get a start SOMEWHERE though. Though its bad look on a rookie coach's resume to lead a team OUT the playoffs with a LOSING record after a conference finals appearance the year before.

11. houtown

houtown Member

Why not blame Bickerstaff, is he not his own man, to be his own coach, and was not Phil Jackson an assistant to Doug Collins at the time? Bickersaff is who he is as a coach, I do not get this do not blame Bickerstaff stuff going on at the moment? He makes the choices as to how to coach the team, and the results of those choices are on display during the game. Of course you possibly should blame Bickerstaff at the moment.

1 person likes this.
  12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Bickerstaff goes to the club with his players. He doesn't have the strength to confront these players in the way a coach needs to. He needs college coaching experience.

Regardless of his leadership he makes terrible decisions. McHale was much better at drawing up plays off of timeouts. His rotations are dumbfounding as well.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh well... Should have just let McHale crash and burn, I mean this is pathetic. I thought it was bad with McHale sometimes, but never thought it could be worse, hahaha Just let Morey coach (well he has been... But I mean actually take credit for this ****).

1 person likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I also fully expect in the playoffs (if the Rockets even pull off making it at this point) that they'll have an epic meltdown like Northern Iowa.... Lol, you know when they're teaching the Warriors how to play (if they even get the luxury of almost winning a game).

This season can't end soon enough. Such a mess.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm in the same boat. JB is just not ready...way too slow to make adjustments and still trying out things while we need a set team

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thats on the organization for hiring an clueless coach, firing him, and replacing him with a subordinate who also does nothing but follow Morey's gameplan of kicking out for 3 and waiting.

This team doesn't have a gameplan, it hasn't since Adelman left. JBB is not a good coach, but you're blaming the guy that thrust into this situation as an interim coach and was never expected to be with this team beyond this season. They forfeited this season a while back.

The way I see it, the more Ls the better, have something to show for a ****ty season.

17. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

THIS! JBB is making his own decisions; they just happen to be the wrong ones. He clearly didnt learn anything from the time spent with his father because none of his decisions make any sense. Morey isnt the one sitting in that coaching seat calling stupid timeouts and forcing brewer in there.

Morey may have his say so on who JBB should play but its ultimately JBB who is making the decisions.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I like JB, and I think he WILL make a good coach in the NBA.

But, that was tough to watch. I mean, what the hell?!

Along with that, where does Harden get the idea to launch that 3 with so much time left? That made absolutely no sense. Even if you're playing WITHOUT a coach, you should know better. That was poor game/time-awareness.

I wish I could call this a "growing pain," but it's been nearly a full season. When you're fighting for a playoff spot, that type of execution cannot happen. Ever.

I thought we could have won that. Just very, very disappointing from all angles.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Beasley hasn't had much practice at it with this team. I can't understand why JB had him inbounding the ball. Makes no sense.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Coaches design plays.
    This is why Morey blockading us having an actual coach is stupid.

I swear JB's play at best was telling Harden to get open *clap**clap*.

For a team that is all about 3s, you would think we had some sweet plays to open up a 3 point shooter. Painful. 3 attempts in a row.