1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Trump Impeachment Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol I don’t see anyone making that particular argument. But nice try anyway

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There are some in the senate that believe censuring trump is a more reasonable and appropriate. And, well, then you have john cornyn who believes trump didn't do anything wrong...

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I fully wish that the Senate would postpone the Impeachment trial per investigation. There is soooooo much evidence that needs to be investigated so the trial can have that evidence to just shatter the table with facts that the Republican cannot look away from.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ah, faith in the Senate Republicans to do the right thing? I'll take the other side of that bet and here's some Gamestop $500 call options expiring next month if you want them.

Treating the Republicans as if they have a sense of shame about trump is over - most of them are active participants in the Authoritarian takeover project regardless of their trumpiness.

Nook, mdrowe00, Zboy and 7 others like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have no faith. I want real evidence from the Justice Department and FBI to be able to slammed on the desk that show clear crimes committed. For example the January 5th meeting at the Trump DC Hotel that Tubberville lied about. We need a real investigation, and we need prosecutors to do their job and put people under oath in a closed room with a grand jury subpoena, and or/indictments.

I feel like what the Republicans are trying to do now is save people like Tubberville, and the other Republicans who were in on this. If it was just Trump and Guiliani, they'd probably jump at the Censure to not hold office deal. The stance they are taking now is a glaring red light that they are scared sh$tless of what evidence is out there that this went deep, and if the evidence is put out there in such a public manner it'll be one of the most embarrassing things in the history of our country.

The other issue is they just want Trump's super pac money, and don't wand him banned from running because they want him to campaign for them to ride his coat tails.

I don't think the Republicans have shame, and I don't expect them to do the right thing EVER. I want it exposed that they are the radical anti-democratic fascist group of nutcases that they are. Half of the American voters see them as the good guys because we have such a lack of evidence that is allowed to reach those 70 million voters. The Mueller team didn't even look at Trump's finances. The Barr led DOJ shut down the dozen or so investigations into Trump. The Democrats CANNOT make the same mistake of only half a$$ looking at the evidence of these guys crimes, and just look to move on with what they have, and hope for the Republican voters to see the truth when they only have a fraction of the evidence shown to them through the distortion and lies of FoxNews.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I considered that post a public service and not an insult.
    A user's guide to Os Trigonum in D&D, perhaps.

jiggyfly and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Brian Kalt

@ProfBrianKalt

I haven't seen this point made, so throwing it out there.
    1. No one questions that the House's impeachment was within its powers, because Trump was still in office.
    2. Art. I, §3 says that the Senate has the power to try "all" impeachments.

No Worries likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree! Get the damn evidence and make it crystal clear who was involved in all the plotting, the money, and the inside information of the Capitol layout fed to these radicals,

ROCKSS and Reeko like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If the Censure blocked him from politics - i would be fine with it.

DD

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's already plenty of evidence. Also there still are likely to be criminal and civil trials where even more evidence will be brought out.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Taking Paul's reasoning then yes private citizen Trump should be subject to criminal charges. I fully believe if that were to happen Paul and others will claim that Trump can't be charged criminally for actions done as President which will bring us back to the ludicrous position that a President on his way out of office is essentially lawless.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The DOJ is investigating, there can be more charges brought up later if the Senate fails.....

DD

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Constitutionally both impeachment and criminal charges can be brought up. Mueller also made that point that once a President is out of office they are liable to criminal charges for actions that were not charged because of DOJ policy while President.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It doesn't.

Folks, when coups don't succeed and the coup plotters and instigators are let off lightly - like in Japan and Germany in the 20s and 30s, guess what happens.

They don't just go away.

mdrowe00 and Dubious like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, well, that's just like, your literally empirical evidence, man.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

It does feel like we're one good market crash away from either the god of chaos or the god of order killing the other and all hell breaking loose on Serpent Isle.

Nook, mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm no history buff but that sounds like a bad idea.

mdrowe00, jiggyfly, Dubious and 3 others like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

and btw the republican party is so broken...

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member