1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2k]Lowry finally getting some recognition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's2kFinest, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Htown's2kFinest

Just notice that Lowry got a huge boost in ratings on 2k12 (finally). Going from a 76 overall to an 83 overall WITH a new shot that looks a lot more like his real life shot. He was aways undderated on 2k from his days in Memphis but he's finally getting his due and is now he's a top 7 rated PG. If you haven't seen it yet check it out. Now more people are gonna recognize him even more. Keep it up Lowry and hopefully we'll see your ratings go up even higher. :grin:

PS. If you like seeing our players get updated like Lowry... message the guys at 2k on twitter about it more often. @Ronnie2k and @LD2k are the ones to get at. Maybe we can get Parsons next!

2. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Hey I have a question how can i update the roster? My roster is still stuck with the 76 overall lowry.

3. Htown's2kFinest

If you are connected online you should automatically get the update once you start the game up. But if you don't see it try checking under 2k Share "Official 2k Rosters". You should find it there and be able to download it.

4. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

I'm connected online. My 2k only updates the NBA Today but not the roster. Also when i check 2k Share "Official 2k Rosters" it says that there is no updates as of this time. How can i fix this? :mad:

5. RocketEG6

RocketEG6 Member

You can update it by resetting the roster. options>reset roster

6. AFS

AFS Member

What do they have as his "Potential" now?

7. Moahst

Moahst Member

Where's Parsons at? Last I checked they had him at 61 overall and the model looked NOTHING like Chandler Parsons.

8. alcatrazpsycho

Lowry at 83? That's really good considering that 2K changed their rating scale after 2K9. In the old rating scale, that would put Lowry around 88 overall, which is usually good enough to edge the all-star game in Association mode.

In my own personal edit of Lowry (from the 76 default), I increased his defensive rebounding by a lot (like 20 points) and increased his passing, steal, off, def awr, and potential slightly (trying not to overrate him) and got him up to 81 overall... so 83 is pretty darn good.

That said however, I think the default 2K ratings of the Rockets is pretty wack. Parsons at 61 may be off by 5 points or so, but T-Will and Flynn rated above Lee and Dragic is beyond ridiculous.

Could someone post the overall ratings of all Rockets players in that update?

9. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Go online try to start an online game then back out when you connect...that should work

10. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

did any other rocket's rating change? parsons obviously deserves a boost. maybe dalembert too. he has a horrible jump shot in 2k. he's underrated in that category. I hope kevin martin's ratings didnt drop!

11. HOUROCKETS713

HOUROCKETS713 Member

IAM ABOUT 2 CHECK IT RIGHT NOW THANKS :grin:

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Thank goodness his shot was patched! His previous shot was atrocious. I would always trade Kyle in association mode because he just wasn't very effective.

Johnny Flynn can get you some good value in trades.

13. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

What is Lowry's form now?

14. Know Your Role

I've had several bugs getting the rosters to update correctly, just do what was mentioned above. I'm glad they are working on the players, the Rockets were almost unplayable against any decent team.

One thing I did was take the 93-94 team and add it to a current NBA season, that was an awesome season. The Heat couldn't handle the Dreamshake in the Finals. Let me know if you guys haven't figured out how to add retro teams to the current schedule, it's kinda tricky.

15. Htown's2kFinest

If you guys want to get Parsons' ratings go up soon, the guy that does most of the ratings for the rosters is the "2k Insider" whom happened to just get a twitter account today.

https://twitter.com/#!/NBA2KInsider

Follow him and send him legit info on our team and maybe a couple of videos(like all of Parsons' tip slams) to showcase our players' athleticism or skills and if its real stuff, he'll hear you out. Maybe with the power of Clutchfans we can have Chandler Parsons updated in the next roster with better athleticism(dunk/speed/quickness) so you can actually see him do those tip slams in-game. All you gotta to is hit up his twitter and let him know.

16. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

They gave him Kevin Martins form for some reason....:confused:

17. diehardrockets

Finally!! I've been wondering when they were going to update him on 2k...

18. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Whoa! I need to see how it looks when i get off of work. Interesting....

19. Htown's2kFinest

No Martin has his own sig shot... not the same.

20. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

Martin is actually the easiest to shoot with for me. QuicK release!