1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

26 years ago today, the Hakeem Olajuwon quadruple double!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Mar 29, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I never even heard of the concept of a quadruple double until Dream did it. It's a shame that second one he had like two weeks later was taken away. Dream was just a one of a kind, special kind of phenomenon. I sure miss watching him.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

gustavo, i beat tinmac at lots of things.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. true Rockets fans roll call: I don't see @tinman ANYWHERE in this thread. c'mon tinny, you're spending too much time in that Jeremy Lin thread, dude

swyyyguy likes this.
  4. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

d
    Deserves it's own thread, dude.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Actually it was the first one that was taken away. The second one came about 3 weeks later. The first one actually wasn't a quadruple double when the game ended... the Rockets gave him 1 more assist, after the fact, from what I recall saying one of them had been missed. Rod Thorn later looked at it and said there was no 10th assist (may not have been a 9th one, either... lol), so he overturned the stats change. From what I recall, the Rockets were nearly fined for changing the stats like that after the game was over.

CometsWin likes this.