1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

These guys should get the book thrown at them. There is no defense for what they did here.

Reeko, edwardc and AleksandarN like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so the mcmichael's were executing a citizen's arrest for past criminal acts? yes or no?

3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...it probably speaks more to the person or persons responsible for interpretation, enforcment and dispensation of the law than anything else.

The original district attorney sat on this case for over two months, and would have likely continued to smother it had the third accomplice in this' video of the event not surfaced, and had to recuse himself subsequently.

The law (such as it is) has only one binding tether to all of us as Americans...and that is its equal application to every citizen in every individual situation.

Justice is supposed to be blind...in this instance to mean that whatever criminal past Mr. Arbery had, or whatever his intent may or may not have been...we are not supposed to presume guilt in virtually any circumstance without the proper affectation of corroborative fact.

It's worse when that presumption is assumed and executed by the stewards of that public standard.

But it has been standard for far too long a time in regards to Negroes. or African Americans. Or blacks.

That's the problem.

#1143 mdrowe00, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    edwardc, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Let's elevate our discussion above lazily tossing the race card and playing the pity party routine over and over again, please. I'd encourage all to review the facts - all the facts - and make your decision then.

5. vlaurelio

let's talk about facts. what facts are there to justify the mcmichales to have conducted an armed pursuit of arbery?

Reeko, edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You mean a park? That is so weak. Try harder.

Reeko, FranchiseBlade and edwardc like this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Um, protecting the community from a young man with a history of violence and crime who was just spotted trespassing on private property... and the McMichaels' concerns were validated when Arbery assaulted them and attempted to steal their shotgun.

Honestly, how many of you would NOT call the police if you saw Arbery "taking a water break" in an empty house next to yours? Be honest.

8. bigtexxx

"Guilty until proven innocent?" - it doesn't work that way. I freely admit that I don't have all the facts, and you certainly don't, either. As with anything, getting all the facts on the table is crucial.

9. vlaurelio

yeah mcmichaels clearly applied that to arbery

CallMeTheDream, jchu14 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

If they had just called the police, we wouldn’t be having this thread dumbass. They armed themselves and chased after him. How many of u would call up your boys, grab guns, hop in trucks, and go chase after someone for entering a home under construction? Be honest.

vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  11. vlaurelio

so they could not have been vigilant without armed pursuit of arbery and blocking his path multiple times?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

The facts are they killed a guy who stopped to look at a house that was under construction like a lot of other people that was caught on camera they pursued him and attacked and killed him.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I keep checking this thread, thinking it might have been bumped for new news. Nope, we're just going over the same stuff.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"crucial" -- lulz

Why? I have no decision to make here -- only the DA, judge and jury do ... and those arrested if offered a plea. This isn't an election.

Admit it, man. Getting "Facts on the table" on social media about a Police Arrest is just a game.

What motivates you to make a decision? Are we playing a game of Place Your Bets on outcome of the case? Or are you just so weak and affected by watching others make a decision, that you find a need to make one, too, try to convince others and play the game.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How did they know at the time that he did not have the owner's permission to be there?

Why didn't they arm themselves or call the police when others frequented the same house?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

17. bigtexxx

You should admit that you're a lazy thinker who is completely comfortable making a decision based on what facts the media feeds you. I would encourage you to think for yourself, not allow the media to control your decision making (and it appears your emotions, also). I'd encourage you to read the words of Dr MLK Jr in my signature.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t know if McMichaels was aware or not.

What I do know is that it is irrelevant to the case under Georgia law.

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

For some I bet would be if he whistled at a white woman.

CallMeTheDream and Reeko like this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Coming from you that is funny.