1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah it’s not like the man recording the video wasn’t driving behind him in a coordinated effort.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are a genius. With such a deep understanding of the world. We all learned something today. We can all go home. And have sandwiches. Sandwiches for all.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well that's what they WANT you to think Nick. We all know that this is just a ploy to distract us from a Jade Helm maneuver gone wrong.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ah, the infamous they are at it again I see.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Truth hurts!

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think you should look up that word and realize why you posting this is funny. Anyway, sandwich time. Later.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And you are bigot.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

saw this comment online, and could not agree more...basically sums up most of what I’ve been saying along with others in this thread

See you back here once they are sentenced. One thing I can say for sure is, the people blaming Arbery have NO knowledge of the law. You are speaking out of emotion. I have read Georgia statutes up and down, as pertain to this case. They will mount an affirmative defense, and they will fail. You cannot pursue someone, blockade them, draw guns...and then claim you killed in self-defense. Do you understand that? If I rob you at gunpoint, and you reach for my gun and it goes off and kills you, can I claim self-defense? They conducted an illegal detaining of Arbery. They committed a crime.

For the record, in this case...and for trial purposes, it does NOT MATTER AT ALL...whether Arbery was jogging or not. Not ONE iota. Whether he was walking, running or even flying...is immaterial. NONE of those rise to the level of probable cause. There were THREE of THEM...and they ALL had GUNS. Arbery was UNARMED.

If you believe Arbery attacked just to attack, you’re an idiot. Clearly, he felt his life was in danger for some reason...apart from seeing white men with guns...blocking his path...and threatening him. The jury will see it that way, too. Because the average person would see it that way, too.

His grabbing the shotgun is immaterial here. It really is. The jury will see it as a man in fight or flight mode. His life was threatened. He was unarmed. THEY created the dangerous situation. I can tell you...you are wrong on so many levels. But, OK. Racists and the uneducated will agree with you. The LAW agrees with ME.

BTW, there is video of someone entering the construction site BEFORE this day, and it could be Arbery. Even if it is, this is inadmissible evidence at trial. First, the person did NOT commit burglary because he did not steal or destroy property. He only trespassed. Second, the McMichaels had NOT seen any of this video at all, before killing Arbery. Therefore, they may NOT enter these videos as evidence as part of their defense. So everyone STOP using this as a means of justifying his killing.

Lastly, the fact that McMichael basically shunned extensive training on the proper use of firearms...will play a pivotal role in this trial. He was also aided and abetted by his friend, the DA, whom secured a waiver for him to rcontinue working. Eventually, though, he was also stripped of his badge and placed on desk duty due to this. Again, you are out of your depth. You people blaming Arbery are not nearly as smart as you think you are...The BEST these guys can hope for, if their lawyer is worth a dime, is getting convicted of manslaughter.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And yet. :rolleyes:

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I saw this comment online! The most definitive source ever! Case ****in' closed. Let's wrap it up boys. Sandwiches for everyone!

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

As long as you admit it, that is the first step to understanding the error of your hate.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude I thought you were better than this.

I don't usually agree with you but I felt you actually believed most of what you posted and had some logical rebuttals, but now you are full on trolling.

Can you show us what the online comment has wrong?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

on a black man's murder

even trader backed away from this thread

@dachuda86 who/what are you fighting/trolling for? the mcmichaels? the prosecutors/DA's? the police force? the defense lawyer? guns rights? vigilantism? white genocide?

white man will never be silenced!!!

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In fairness, the article also says, "police sources tell Law Enforcement Today this [retaliation for Arbery] is just one of the potential motives they are investigating at this point." So there is a little actual material to hang an article on. But no reason to make more of it than that -- just because the the cops are looking into it as motive doesn't mean it was the motive. And if it was the motive, it's not like as though this murderer has a bunch of internet white knights coming to defend his actions like the McMichaels do. Unless there's a contrarian on my ignore list (not impossible), I think I haven't seen anything but condemnation of that murder.

Even if you were right about this, it means he did not commit a felony and was not subject to a citizen's arrest.

The McMichaels weren't arrested that day, so I'm sure no toxicology was done either.

Lol, I've been jogging with my wife and I wear cargo shorts for it. When it was colder I wore jeans. My wife tells me to buy real running clothes but I don't see the need. I'm not training for a marathon.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

or they just made it up. there's no police sources. they just sourced everything they said from tweets.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Are you seriously contending that he was trying to steal the shotgun he was shot with?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Could be. Law Enforcement Today doesn't look like the conspiracy outlets I otherwise saw this story at. That gives them some cred. At the same time, they are a bit of an amateur newspaper. They publish articles by LEOs. Doesn't mean the article isn't good work. But, if the journalist fudged something, I doubt their editor would be any the wiser.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Law Enforcement Today seems to have gotten this from conspiracy outlets or a conspiracy tweet.

What about the article is good work? They are basing the entire article on a maybe and one random tweet?

vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  20. vlaurelio

they included in their "news article" 2 random / baseless tweets