1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yet you chose to skip over and tolerate the racism in his statement to skip over it to attempt to chastise me.
    Why did his statement not rate any effort on your part to counteract it
    That is the problem - You would rather attack someone who attacks a racist. . . than the racist themselves.

Rocket River
    Same as it ever was

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What country is this we live in?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

These guys should both go to jail and the shooter should face first degree murder charges.

There is no excuse for what they did. Citizens should not use lethal force outside of self defense. I hope they get the maximum penalty and serve as an example to all gun owners.

DVauthrin, Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Trayvon Martin faints

fchowd0311 and JuanValdez like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope they are put to death ... . .this is a death penalty offense.

Rocket River

edwardc, R0ckets03, Blatz and 3 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

preach brother

Rocket River likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Given the conspiracy between them, I think they'd be held equally culpable for the death.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes and that's why I said the Zimmerman acquittal was a bad ruling. it was handled badly by the DA and shows how muddled the stand your ground laws are. I predicted we would see more cases like that because it sends the wrong message.

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

finally saw this.. for all the cartel jihad gore ...general internet nastiness ...this video is pretty bad.

I wont be watching that again.

The video ironically might be the help get these guys the chair they deserve.

past that..this bbs isnt ready to talk about it

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Do we have the full video? The video on TMZ that I saw showed a parked truck and the black man run up to the truck, engage in a fist fight, and get shot. Seems like a lot was omitted - what happened before this?

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Um, the information is available in numerous places, but I'll summarize for you: a couple of Georgia crackers stalked a jogger, tried to cut him off twice, and when he tried to defend himself, they murdered him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I know emotions are running high. Remaining calm in your response, is it possible that the black man was mistaken for a burglar (or was the burglar - is this known?) and the shooter thought he was helping the community by apprehending the burglar? When he was attacked by the black man, at that point, it was a life or death situation and he responded with deadly force in self defense. Do we have any facts that disprove this scenario?

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

nice try

the truck was blocking 1 side of the street with the driver side door already open and a man with a gun standing next to it while another truck is stalking him from behind

Arbery runs to the opposite side, and then gets murdered as he tries to defend himself from some redneck thugs

CallMeTheDream and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

ah yes, a black man was out burglarizing homes during a global pandemic with stay at home orders...he also decides to jog around the streets in broad daylight after committing his crimes...

some rednecks were just out helping the community...how noble of them

Arbery tried to wrestle the gun away in self-defense...u can’t have a gun pointed at someone while blocking the road, and then when the other person tries to defend himself, u then kill him and claim u were defending yourself

what a joke

CallMeTheDream, marky :) and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The jury was right with Zimmerman though. It was that the wrong charges were brought against him. In that case, it was self defense since Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him.

This is a completely different case. The jogger was the one acting in self-defense here.

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Even if this was the case, is burglary a reason to kill? The video didn't show anything that resembled the man with the shotgun was in fear for his life.

I bought a pistol for home safety quite a few years ago. Not long after I bought it, I went outside and did not have my glasses on. I had just recently started wearing glasses at that time. I went to take the trash out in the morning and saw someone down the street messing with the neighbors trash, he turned and looked at me and started jogging towards me. I went inside and then heard a huge, large bang between my house and another neighbors house. I went in and got my pistol, texted the neighbor to ask if he'd heard the loud noise and walked back out with my pistol in the back of my pants. I didn't see anyone and the man that had been messing with the neighbors trash was not to be seen. I thought he was either in my back yard or my neighbors, but he never appeared again.

Later that day my neighbor responded to my text. He said "I don't know what noise you heard but I waived at you this morning and was going to say howdy but you went inside and shut the garage door". It was a wake up call. I almost put myself in a position to use a gun on somebody for doing....God knows what. Whatever I though the boogeyman was doing did not justify the use of a fire arm. It's a lesson I'm thankful for and I recalled it another time when, we heard there were some burglaries on our street and the car alarms were going off. I almost went to get the pistol and slowed my roll. I'm not gonna shoot anyone for stealing anything. That's not an even trade-off.

Those a$$hoe's were looking for a reason or at least put themselves in a horrible position. I hope justice prevails.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Can we PLEASE give the white man every benefit of the doubt. . . and PLEASE make sure every possible angle that the black man was at fault be explored before we make a conclusion. . . PLEASE!! D*MMIT!! Let us find a way to make this the black person's fault and absolve the white man before we do anything. . . . cannot let them be railroaded like Dylan Roof!!! FOR GOD SAKES!!!" - Trader Jorge

You are what we think you are. . .

Rocket River

18. Fantasma Negro

#78 Fantasma Negro, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Nook and JumpMan like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup...how pathetic

people like him are truly despicable...always trying to hide their racist ways behind some fake objectivity

RayRay10 and Rocket River like this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jason Shitlock always there for massa

Rocket River