1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

24: Legacy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Should have got flamboyant, cross dressing, hacker extraordinaire Job from "Banshee" to either be the lead or fill the role of the lead's counterpart who does all the computer stuff, aka Chloe. Who has that role?

Ah...I'm sure the show will do fine...as long as they keep the ticking clock.

2. conquistador#11

so that's why you all call him dre in the TWD thread. I didn't realize it was the same actor.
    ooops.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don't miss the premiere of <a href="https://twitter.com/24fox">@24fox</a> with Corey Hawkins &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAnnaDiop">@TheAnnaDiop</a> February 5 on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FOXTV?src=hash">#FOXTV</a>! <a href="https://t.co/3ZAVYZ8QrY">pic.twitter.com/3ZAVYZ8QrY</a></p>&mdash; FOX (@FOXTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXTV/status/755118726756786176">July 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did anyone see Kiefer Sutherland is now in a new show "Designated Survivor" where he plays a cabinet member who becomes president? My instant thoughts when hearing about it is Jack Bauer becomes president...even though it's not Jack Bauer. It might as well be him. I'm more interested in seeing Kiefer in his new role than I am watching a 24 reboot. But, that could change.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah I saw that. I'll definitely check it out just because it's Kiefer Sutherland and he does well in those types of roles.

I'll definitely give this 24 reboot a chance though.

6. Bob Barker 007

That looks like a good show. The executive producer of the show did The Martian and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Had similar thoughts last night on seeing the commercial for Designated Survivor. Will obviously be a different show though.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://deadline.com/2016/07/24-legacy-comic-con-corey-stoll-howard-gordon-1201791915/

“It is not a reboot, it is an expansion of the 24 universe; Jack and Chloe are still out there,” 24: Legacy EP Manny Coto said today at the second-to-last presentation in Hall H for Comic-Con 2016. “You never know when those worlds will intersect,” he added, keeping the flame lit that EP Kiefer Sutherland might make an on-screen appearance. “There may be an intersection with those other characters down the line,” said EP Evan Katz.

Offering no details about Sutherland or Mary Lynn Rajskub joining Legacy, EP Howard Gordon and the other EPs also said that they hoped to finish the Jack Bauer story one day “if the stars align.”
    “We all felt, Kiefer included, that Jack Bauer had told his story in Live Another Day,” Gordon also said on the panel, “and that character was exhausted.” The Tyrant EP added, ‘Fortunately, Kiefer read the script after it was written and saw the pilot after it was shot and was all behind it and that was nice.”

Gordon, Coto and Katz were joined on the panel by lead Corey Hawkins, Homeland alum Miranda Otto, and former Sons of Anarchy actor Jimmy Smits. Comic-Con vet Sutherland was not in Hall H on Sunday.

With the story of the military team that killed a top terrorist as one narrative, 24: Legacy also will follow the presidential campaign of Sen. John Donovan (Smits). Adding a further twist, as the initial trailer revealed, the candidate’s wife is former CTU director Rebecca Ingra (Otto). Fans of the original series will remember that its Season 1 story followed a terrorist cell’s plot to assassinate White House hopeful David Palmer (Dennis Haysbert).

With a graphic that said in part, “the follow San Diego Comic-Con presentation takes place between 1:pM and 1:30 PM,” the panel started off with the previously released trailer.

The panel also showed another clip from the pilot of Hawkins character fighting off a murderous home invasion of the henchmen of the Osama bin Laden-like figure he helped killed in a military raid. The third clip shows Corey Hawkins character and old Army buddy fighting off a group of assassins on a construction site. Fox execs say the video won’t be released online because it includes music whose rights haven’t been cleared.
    With the tagline “New Day. New Hero,” the time-crunching CTU “expansion” will debut February 5 in the primo post-Super Bowl spot, followed by another new episode on at 8 PM February 6. Snagging the Monday primetime slot that the original 24 held for its eight-season run, Legacy will air that night for the rest of its first season.

Sutherland, of course, is back on Big 4 TV this fall with ABC’s political drama Designated Survivor. The show had a preview screening plus a marketing presence both on the convention floor and on the side of nearby Petco Park, but no formal SDCC panel and no Sutherland in attendance – at least not this year, as Comic-Con 2016 has run out of time.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Don't think there's a dedicated thread for Designated Survivor, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

What do people think of it?

I started out thinking it was pretty good. You kinda had 3 separate threads:
    1. "The Political Angle" (How does the government run in this situation?)
    2. "The 24 Angle" (What's this crazy terrorist plot to overthrow the government!?)
    3. "The Family Angle" ("How will the spotlight affect my wife & kids?)
    I was really interested in the first part, kinda meh on the 2nd, and even more meh on the 3rd.

Unfortunately as the show has gone on, it's clear that the early thoughts of this being "part West Wing" were waaaay off. If anything the political plots seem more like stuff that was left on the cutting room floor of House of Cards. Overall the 2nd angle has almost completely taken over the show, and it just feels like a poor-man's 24 mashed up with a poor man's House of Cards. I was really with it for the first 5 episodes or so. Now I'm not even sure I'll continue watching after mid-season break.

10. Poloshirtbandit

Same. First few episodes were alright, but Designated Survivor bores me now.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

it maybe a good show i'll give it a couple of episodes.

12. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Did anyone watch it after the Super Bowl? I thought it was pretty good, but I was also a fan of 24.

Will definitely watch again tonight.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I enjoyed it too. I'm relatively new to 24; I've only seen a few season of Jack Bauer. My one gripe is this new guy doesn't look grizzled enough. Smooth skin and the waif frame is disorienting. He isn't giving me army bad ass.

body slam likes this.
  14. Poloshirtbandit

The plot seems as absurd as the original... I'll be watching again tonight.

Hopefully we dont get an episode of Black Bauer's wife being chased by cheetahs in the projects.

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I enjoyed the first but seemed to get old and this seems more of the same....still liked it though. Don't really understand the wife being a badass, unloading a clip into a terrorist and then complaining that her husban enjoyed killing 2 even though that was what he was train to do.

why is CTU so easy to hack or ifiltrate?

I still like it and will watch...

16. body slam

body slam Member

I agree. Something with the new Jack does not work for me either.

I thought episode 1 was pretty good. Missed tonight's, but will be catching up soon.

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I couldn't finish the first episode after the SB. It was too familiar, and if I wanted that, I could just rewatch the original (which I've done at least twice).

I like Designated Survivor so far. Not great, but decent enough to hold my attention for now.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Designated Survivor was a bit too clique. It should have been a lighter version of House of Cards. The whole blackmail aspect has been beaten to death by hollywood.

19. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Yeah I agree. Maybe that's why the new 24 wasn't working for me. We'll see what DS comes with next, and if it can keep our attention.

Also, I assume you meant to say cliche'?