1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

24: Legacy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/24-legacy-fox-cast-corey-hawkins-1201688031/

‘Straight Outta Compton’ Star Corey Hawkins to Topline Fox’s ’24’ Spinoff'

[​IMG]

Corey Hawkins will star in the pilot for “24: Legacy” — the “24” revival series in the works at Fox — Variety has learned.

The “Straight Outta Compton” alum has nabbed the leading role of Eric Carter in the pilot. As previously reported, the new “24” will not bring back Kiefer Sutherland’s Jack Bauer, so while Hawkins’ character is not a direct replacement, he will topline the potential series. (Sources tell Variety that while only a pilot has been ordered, “24: Legacy” is expected to land a 13-episode order.)

Described as strong and smart, Eric came from a very rough background and turned his life around in the Army Rangers. Now back home in Virginia with his wife Nicole (yet to be cast), he’s pulled back into action as his past comes looking for him.

Since his breakout role as Dr. Dre in “Straight Outta Compton,” Hawkins’ profile has been quickly rising. Few television projects are more hotly anticipated than the “24” reboot, and the project should surely shoot the actor into household name territory. Up next, Hawkins, who’s recurred in “The Walking Dead,” will star in the “King Kong” prequel film “Skull Island.”

The pilot order for “24: Legacy” was confirmed earlier this month at the Television Critics Association press tour, where Fox bosses Dana Walden and Gary Newman said the leading man would be a diverse actor. Insiders tell Variety that Hawkins has been the star of choice for quite some time, but his deal just now closed.

“24: Legacy” will revolve around a military hero’s return to the U.S. and the trouble that follows him back — compelling him to ask CTU for help in saving his life, and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How good is he at whispering?

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

More importantly, how good is he at not eating or going to the bathroom?

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I just don't see this doing as well the previous seasons. You cannot remake the show without Keifer Sutherland. He was the show.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Will only watch if it's as good a reboot as Tron: Legacy.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I wish they had just given the new series a different name entirely. I know they wanted to use 24 because they think it gives them a built-in "fanbase", as with other reboots. But it seems to be having the opposite effect... people who might typically be drawn to the concept/story are giving it a firm no from the outset simply because of the disappointment at not having Jack/Kiefer.

I'll watch because I'm a huge fan of the show as a whole. For me personally, as much as I love Jack and Kiefer's portrayal, I know the writers/producers are a big part of who crafted the character of Jack Bauer... so who's to say those folks can't also create other good characters and storylines? That said, I'd be floored if the Jack-less version lasts more than one year, due to the above reasons.

It also would've helped if Kiefer had given them a firm yes/no answer during the filming of "Live Another Day." If he had, perhaps they could've put some finality to the Jack Bauer character arc, and then it might be slightly easier to transition to something different. As it is, it feels abrupt because Bauer's story never had closure.

Hopefully Hawkins is a badass and converts people, though.

7. Poloshirtbandit

Need to hear him yell "dammit" a few times before I can judge.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't underestimate the power of a minority in a leading role on television. I think it will do well. However, this confirms another black person is going to be zombie jerky on the walking dead.

I was late to the game; I only watched the last 2-3 seasons of 24. I loved them even though hardcore fans weren't happy with the familiar story lines. Maybe a new crop of fans will love this incarnation.

9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Jack Bauer is 24. If he isn't in it its not going to work. It will flop just as hard as CSI Cyber or Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'll watch regardless, although I will miss Kiefer dearly. :(

11. Poloshirtbandit

I wouldnt have minded a Curtis spinoff, but... thats not gonna happen.

12. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

****, Jack was the show but I love 24 so I'll watch it regardless. Hope we see some of the cast return like Cole (heard Freddie Prinze JR was in talks for a spinoff after season 8).

13. dragician

dragician Member

looks like nat king cole is back.

14. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Should just call it "NOT 24" cause without Jack Bauer.. it's like X-Files w/out Mulder and Scully.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well . . .I guess we know the next black Man to die on the Walking Dead

Rocket River

17. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

looks good to me. I'll watch.

(Not sure the 24 format works with 13 episodes though. That was the hook!).

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/24-legacy-miranda-otto-1201690295/

Fox’s ’24: Legacy’ Casts Miranda Otto in Lead Role

Fox’s “24: Legacy” pilot has cast Miranda Otto in a lead role, Variety has learned. She’ll join “Straight Outta Compton” breakout Corey Hawkins, who has been tapped to star in the action drama, which will not feature former “24” star Kiefer Sutherland.

Otto will play Rebecca Ingram, the blazing smart former head of CTU. Now married to Senator John Donovan (who has not yet been cast), Rebecca is struggling with second thoughts about having left the counterterrorism agency.

“24: Legacy” revolves around military hero Eric Carter’s (Hawkins) return to the U.S. and the trouble that follows him back — compelling him to ask CTU for help in saving his life, and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil.

Otto is repped by Gersh and Suzan Bymel of Management 360. She was most recently seen in season five of Showtime’s “Homeland,” and previously appeared on Fox’s “Rake” alongside Greg Kinnear.

“24: Legacy” hails from 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television, in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. Original “24” producers Howard Gordon, Manny Coto, Evan Katz and Brian Grazer return to executive produce. While Fox has only ordered a pilot for the revival thus far, sources tell Variety that “24: Legacy” is expected to land a 13-episode order.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why can't a brother be the police instead of being chased by the police?

#20 Mr. Brightside, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016