1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

@Sooty Love the breakdowns.
    On point completely imo

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad we don't need to worry about when any of those quarterbacks get drafted. That's one position that we can cross off the list. Finally!!!!!!

#602 deb4rockets, Nov 1, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm glad we don't need to worry about when any of those quarterbacks get drafted. I could care less about any of them. That's one position that we can cross off the draft prospect list. Finally!!!!!!

raining threes and red5rocket like this.
  4. raining threes

No Beau Nix write up?

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bo Nix is a 3rd pick at best.

6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I wish I didn't need to mention this, but football is a game where solutions go to die. So contingencies for EVERY position are required.

Sooty likes this.
  7. thejav

thejav Member

To early to tell.

8. raining threes

Have you seen him play this yr?

He's been as good or better than many on that list. Plus he's got NFL level arm talent.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The reason he has looked so good is because he been in College for half his life. Seriously though, 5 years of PLAYING in college should make you look good. He will be 24 years old when drafted. Compare that to a 21 year old Stroud (when drafted). He is not Joe Burrow. Teams do not like older QBs as rookies.

red5rocket likes this.
  10. raining threes

I look at talent not age.

24 isn't that old with the Covid issues.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Older QBs are harder to break habits. His talent is not elite. Williams, Maye, Penix Jr, McCarthy all have more upside.

Look, someone will probably take him in the late 1st. I think he is a 3rd round pick. Bit what do I know?

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, be more objective. Penix is literally the same age as Nix and Nix is a far superior athlete, like not even in the same realm

raining threes likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Penix will be a year and almost 3 months younger. Plus, he is much more of athlete (thats your thing, isn't it?). Nix was not impressive at Auburn (They were happy to see him go). He gets to Oregon and puts up numbers in a QB-friendly system. He is not a far superior athlete. There you go again.

Penix has been in college forever because of injuries and medical redshirts. He also goes to a better offensive system and thrives.

Penix will go in the top 10 of the draft. Nix will be lucky to be a 1st rounder.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4426338/bo-nix
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4360423/michael-penix-jr

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Can we please draft someone without a checkered cloud of past injuries like Stingley Jr? If only our powers that be had paid more attention to the warnings.

Excerpts from detailed story....

Is Derek Stingley Jr. the Jets’ Corner of the Future?

The New York Jets shouldn't pick LSU cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. in the first round of the 2022 NFL draft because with his injury history, he could be a bust.

Stingley has only played in three games in the 2021 season for LSU, after re-aggravating a left foot injury that required a medical procedure. There is no set timetable for his return.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-york-jets-shouldnt-pick-lsu-cornerback-derek-stingley-jr-nfl-draft#:~:text=Can the Jets afford to,cloud of injuries to consider

Pre-Draft Analysis
    Stingley is a physical press corner with great speed who has the ability to locate the ball when he's in phase with the receiver. He's a smooth mover with the oily hips, balance and awareness to pattern match underneath. Stingley is an unreliable run defender who gets stuck on blocks, takes poor angles and misses too many tackles. He has played just 10 games over the past two seasons. -- Steve Muench

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

They are literally 3 months apart in age. Born in the same year.
    It’s not even a debate about Nix being the better athlete. Penix isn’t one. He’s not a runner and injuries have zapped him of some burst.
    Nix was one of the top athletes in the country.

You open your mouth and never know what you’re talking about.

Also, Washington is a QB friendly system too. They both have mechanical issues. Stop with your bias

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Ok. You love to say every QB u like is the best athlete in football. LOL. Do you understand that the NFL doesn't care about athletes at QB? They care about if he can throw from the pocket and move a little when needed. You harped on that about Stroud. Guess what? Doesn't matter. Your opinion on what is an athlete is terrible.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not debatable. Nix was literally one of the highest rated dual threat QBs.
    You want to devalue specific QBs athleticism and promote others like Penix, who isn’t that type of QB.

Also, we’re not gonna gloss over the fact you were just running your mouth about age and saying Penix has upside when Nix is literally the same age.
    Clown

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. I got his age wrong. LOL. Im damn sure I didn't his draft stock wrong. No point in arguing with you are hopeless. I am sure you have your kleenex ready for Mayo boy's 2nd game tonight.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nix is rated higher than you are letting on.
    You just hate on him for “some” reason.
    Penix and Nix are comparable prospects.

And I’m sure you’ll have your Kleenex ready to clean up those tears if he lights it up again

20. raining threes

We will see. I think his talent level is on par with McCarthy and Penix.

cmoak1982 likes this.