1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like the guy thinks he is God's gift to the NFL to me, and a greedy mo fo at that.

2. raining threes

People want many things in life. I guess you don't know until you ask.

3. raining threes

People want many things in life. I guess you don't know until you ask.

4. Qan

Qan Member

Glad Texans don't have to deal with his sht. If these are all true, he has the attitude of a future bust in the NFL. Could be all fake.

whag00, Buck Turgidson and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Removed

#525 J.R., Oct 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    rfrocket, Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  6. Qan

Qan Member

No fcking way Arizona not drafting Drake Maye if they have the #2 pick, and even if they don't want a QB, they will definitely trade it for a haul than pick an OT.

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t care what the other teams do. Would love a Keon Coleman.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Arizona will not be picking that high with our pick. Looking at our remaining schedule we look to go at least 9-8

Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not allowed in the NFL. Rodgers tried it with the Jets. The NFL said no. I have been posting the Williams ego is going to hurt him. This actually may open up the number 1 spot to another QB. More and More I think Caleb’s bust percentage is increasing because his personality will get in the way. There is a fine line between Confidence and Being Just an *******. Guys like this and after being exposed Watson, make you appreciate CJ Stroud…who seems to be humble.

red5rocket, Qan, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is the type of stuff that makes “wait and get the qb next year” so scary.. I don’t think this ruins anything, but this is just the tip of the iceberg, who knows what happens by next draft.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Well the whole opting out scenario was straight from Caleb’s Dad although I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

But the owners voted in July to ban player ownership as it was something Rodgers was looking for. Interesting that PFT was also reporting Caleb was looking for the same during that time as well. He probably needs to find new reps if they are still asking for it though.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Qan

Qan Member

I think all the stuff coming out plays a role in how successful he can be as an NFL QB. It exposes all the influential talking heads around him, brings to question his character, and his ability to stay humble and improve. He's talented and good, no doubt, but this is just the beginning for him... he hasn't shown anything yet in the NFL and his reps already have demands. Can't wait when he truly plays in the league.

If this is not truly how he feels or thinks, he should do what you stated and find new people to represent him.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Guys, Caleb's bust-percentage isn't increasing, he just has terrible handlers who are completely clueless.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

100% want Chicago to draft Caleb

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It’s not and even if it does, he’s still going #1 outside of something catastrophic. As @Qan posted, think it can play a role on their ultimate success though. Kyler Murray and Zach Wilson are 2 guys that come to mind. Your leash is just a bit shorter if you aren't a likeable person. Not saying that is Caleb by any means but every year there is a kid who surrounds himself with people who aren't doing them a service.

16. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Sounds like he's trying to bypass the Labor Agreement Salary Cap.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

18. Jayded

Jayded Member

I was all for us waiting for Caleb. He is talented, but man is he a handful for whoever drafts him. I’m really glad CJ looks to be the real deal.

Suggestion for Caleb’s painted nails next year : “ImUr Diva”. Go Irish btw!

More and more QBs closing the gap on Caleb and Maye is good for us because while teams are jumping up to grab them, solid OL and weapons are falling. We need top line talent next year like when we got Andre and Hop so QBs like Penix and McCarthy closing the gap should help us given how good CJ has looked.

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Great talent but definitely seems like he might be a diva after he throws a few nfl tds

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.