1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2024 NBA FINALS] (1) Boston Vs. (5) Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, May 31, 2024.

?

2024 NBA FINALS: (1) Boston Celtics Vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

1. Celtics in 4

2. Celtics in 5

3. Celtics in 6

4. Celtics in 7

5. Mavericks in 4

6. Mavericks in 5

7. Mavericks in 6

8. Mavericks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

Celtics should win, they have 3 go-to guys, Horford and Porzingis can neutralize their bigs with their range and length. If they lose AGAIN, then that would be a big choke job imo.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Celtics are just a deeper team and at some point you have to expect the Dallas role players to come back down to earth.

Also the Celtics one two punch is pretty reliable, unlike the other teams Dallas have played. Brown and Tatum are pretty solid night in and night out and either of those guys can cook your team...and Porzingis should be back. But Tatum and Brown are not going to completely shrink like KAT will,they might have mediocre games but not just become a complete scrub...plus I think Tatum in particular is going to be pretty up for this. Already having lost in the finals and people have not been putting respect on his name and looking past him so this is his chance to show he's as much of the future of this league as Luka, Ant, and whoever else.

I guess we'll also see if the Celtics will take the full games seriously now that they are in the Finals and not playing the mediocre beat down teams in the East anymore.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

For some reason I think Kyrie and Luka will be better than Celtics big 3. And I’m not happy about that.

jim1961 likes this.
  4. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I can stomach another Celtics championship and Bill Simmons wankfest instead of Dallas winning, but yeah Luka and a focused Kyrie are some of the best closers in the game. Hopefully Tatum/Brown are up to the task.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just take it to 6 and 7, mang, all I ask instead of those 5 game series sweeps.

Game 7s are usually pretty contested.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

I 100% agree with this but for some reason I just see Kyrie and Luka having a too good series and I’m not happy Dallas might win another title.

F*** Dallas.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Damn Lakers and Philly really lucked out…

snowconeman22 and Easy like this.
  9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

As much as I hate it, I think the Mavs take it in 6....................To be honest I hate both of these teams and might watch the last 5 minutes of each game, excuse while I go throw up

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

If Porzingy comes back it might get real interesting.

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Dallas in 6. Get ready for the Luka era

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

Mavs in 7 baby!!!

If they win the championship, I win $52 on a $2 bet!! Let's go fellas - win me that case of beer!!!

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

This mofo is gonna end up in the GOAT discussion when it's all said and done isn't he

FML

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This guy is a moron. Pat Riley and bill Russell did it too

Icehouse likes this.
  17. cwebbster

cwebbster Member

The fact that there is a chance that Dallas can have a World Series, an NBA Championship and a Stanley Cup all in the same year is absolutely disgusting to me.

Gross.

BHannes2BHonest, MadMax and dc rock like this.
  18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

pacertom and JumpMan like this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Member

:mad:I ****ing hate Luka. He’s either whining or talking ****. Just running his mouth non-stop. Don’t know how he isn’t smacked in the face every game.

[​IMG]

Having to root for Boston to stop Dallas from getting a championship is brutal, but it has to be done. Getting out my hexing rosary beads and prayer cards for this series and putting in work like Pacquiao’s mom used to do against his opponents. Sending nothing but bad vibes :mad:.

[​IMG]

mulletman likes this.
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't know who's going to win, don't much care, can't bring myself to root for either of these teams.

Interesting series from a roster construction perspective though. Best player (Luka) and arguably best #2 option (Kyrie) versus deepest, most well-rounded roster (Boston).