1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Nov 6, 2021.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Run Biden or new Dem?

Discuss.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or too early to discuss. I’m enjoying talking about things like the youngster Rockets and Dune too much.

glynch likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s not even 2022.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Never too early to start cheering for Biden.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hope. HOPE that the USA can somehow muster a person that is better than H Clinton, Trump, or Biden.

Again, I hope.

ROCKSS, ryan_98, ArtV and 3 others like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good for you, just don't expect us to watch you put on your cheerleading outfit and yell out with your pompoms.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I prefer that my politicians don’t use their time in office to just campaign for the next time they run.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm more concerned with the other side of the ticket ..... It can't be Trump ? Can it ?? Giving us a repeat election of 2020 .... That's an unmitigated disaster.

We have to hope that the GOP convinces him to sit it out and nominate someone else ....

I can't see Biden winning the party's nomination in 24 .... and Kamala has been a train wreck.

I want to see a completely new ticket from both parties ..... some centrist candidates that won't pander to either party's wingnuts.

We've had enough crazy to last us a while.

King1, T_Man, ArtV and 1 other person like this.
  9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Since Trump never conceded and has stated since election night that he won, technically he's already served 2 terms so he's not eligible.

(I really hope it's not another Trump/Biden "showdown" but I fear it will be)

Corrosion likes this.
  10. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Hot topic for 2024 debate: to mask or to not mask

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

One year ago today...
    [​IMG]

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Buckle up buttercup

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

DeSantis and Harris

As long as liberals stop talking about Trump, he wont stand a chance.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I could see DeSantis being the GOP nominee, he's been at the front of the news cycle for a while .... but Harris for the Dems ? She's been a complete and total train wreck as VP.

You really think that's the best the Dems can muster at the top of the ticket ?! If that's the case they'll have handed the GOP the House , Senate , SCOTUS and President. I can't think of anything good that can come from that.

King1 likes this.
  15. dobro1229

I actually like Kamala but I agree she would be a bad nomination. The best pick would be an “outsider” candidate. One that essentially runs against both parties but has Dem values (health care is a right, education, not a climate denier, not a QAnon nut etc.)

Right now the climate is so bad among the electorate in regards to cynicism of government. I respect what Biden has already done more than most and think he could have a decent legacy but I don’t think the political climate is one where he could win re-election and the climate is ripe for an autocrat like Trump to come in and do lastly damage to democracy. And that’s not just a US problem too. In France it’s similar. We’ve seen Brazil go in the sh$tter too. We aren’t as unique as we think.

BUT… things could turn around if Covid gets under control, the economy really turns around, and there’s some sort of moment that turns down the volume with the cultural unrest. Cause right now Biden is looking like he’s in a no win LBJ moment in history. An outsider would have the best shot vs a Trump autocrat.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Space Ghost

Democrats almost lost the NJ gubernatorial.

Its difficult to separate the principles and core of a political party over rhetoric. At their cores, both parties principles are well founded. However rhetoric has completely laid waste to both parties.

Was Trump the best pick? Was Hillary the best pick? Was Harris the best pick? Harris is the worst of them all. She was one of the first to drop out yet they still found a way to put her on the ticket. We are 9 months in and she is everything everyone thought she was....and still there are those who will say they like her. Simply because she is on their team. At this point, I have no reason to believe Democrats will continue on with their short sighted behavior. Even if they pull Harris, she will go full Hillary and demand entitlement, fighting all the way down to the bottom.

I made the mistake of voting Gillum over DeSantis in the FL election. Post election, Gillum was a complete joke and a disgrace to his party. He represents exactly what is wrong with his party. I do not have any serious criticism of DeSantis. He is by no means perfect but he has handled affairs pretty good. Florida is booming and doing well. This would not be the case with that shitbag Gillum.

17. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Anyone but Biden or Kamala. But it's too ****ing early too.

18. dobro1229

It's posts like these that just baffle my brain about where your heads at, and frankly where the heads are at with the people the Democrats have to work with as swing voters when Demcrats have lower turnout with the base voter.

1. Donald Trump was president. He tried to overturn an election, and incited a violent insurrection. On top of that he was a terrible president who lied daily, and grifted the government and his own followers daily.

2. Kamala Harris is VICE President. A role in which is the least important role in government until it's the most important (see LBJ, Ford, Andrew Johnson, etc.)

How someone like yourself can go on a rant about how Kamala Harris is worse at her role (one that requires nothing) than Donald Trump (one in which he failed at daily) is really something.

I just said early on that she's not who should be at the top of the ticket in 2024 if Biden doesn't run so you know I'm no Kamala only fan, but I also think she's criticized for basically nothing. If you think she's not doing enough then tell me what it is that Vice President's did prior to Dick Cheney. And given how much people on the right despised her for no reason prior to becoming the VP, tell me why you'd want her running Biden's presidency like Cheney ran W's.

3. 60,000 people died of Covid on DeSantis' watch. To say that Florida is "booming" under DeSantis is really something. Florida is booming because it has beaches, warm weather, and Disney World. Florida's popularity has next to nothing to do with it's politicians, but it's politicians sure can do a better job at keeping their citizens alive.

But.... all of this is to say that this is the challenge that Democrats have in this environment. The fact is if they cannot turn out their base like they should, they have to rely on a sliver of the population that gets all their information from Fox and right wing news outlets who generally hate Democrats and like Republicans just because they identify with them, but they are cynical enough about politics in America that they'll maybe once in awhile swing over to vote Democrat just because they catch a whiff in the air. There's no policy proposal or a prior bill that was passed on their watch. It's as simple as... I really really just don't like Kamala.... or eh... Rick Scott is bald and I kind of like Gillum so I'll swing that way for a change. It makes no sense, but that's the ecosystem that Democrats have to work with.

My solution.... stop relying on voters like you. Invest more in the Latino community. Knock off right wing Spanish speaking AM talk radio spots, or at least compete with them there. Etc etc.

Rashmon and ROCKSS like this.
  19. Space Ghost

My thoughts go way before DJT and long past DJT. Liberals need to move on from DJT, as I have explained to other posters who constantly keep the board updated with all of Trumps moves post election. Just stop keeping Trump relevant.

Yeah, 50/50 senate and Harris is the tie breaker. Least important role in the government. Gotcha.

I have not been following her accomplishments or failures, although it seems she isnt doing all that hot. That is here nor there. The point is Harris was one of the first out of the race very early on, but yet the Democrats still put her on the ticket. The discussion is whether the DNC will support her run in 2024 even though they know she is a shitty candidate. Yes, I do believe they will because the Democrats have historically been supportive of bad candidates (not to be confused with toxic). Harris will have an entitlement mentality just like Hillary. It will cause in party fighting leading an easy path for Republicans IF they put someone up solid. Generally speaking, Democrat POLITICIANS are complete morons. More and more Democrat voters are starting to acknowledge this.

Florida has the 2nd highest per capita of elders. Covid overwhelmingly effects elders. There is NO debate about this. Even a middle aged child can understand Florida will have a higher average of deaths, but yet here you bang on about nonsensical data about Covid deaths in FL. If you will do your research, you would know New York and New Jersey have a higher death per capita than Florida. FL is ranked ~9.
    Florida is basically a swamp. Its beaches are average, the weather is hot, humid and unbearable for half the year. Nobody gives a **** about Disney except locals and tourist. People are not moving to FL because of Disney. Much of it has to do with the political environment here. And like everywhere, FL has its issues.

Just stop with the identity politics. Stop focusing on one ethnicity or one group just to elect your terrible candidate in. Its like Rockets fans crowing on for years about how James Harden was robbed and he is the best player in the league. Once that person is no longer in your tribe, you start to see all the flaws everyone has talked about.

Instead, focus on the country as a whole with long term solutions instead of trying to maintain power in the next election. This is exactly what both partys do, year in and year out. The wealthy and powerful bankroll who best suits them and those below them bare the brunt of the pain. Meanwhile, the ignorant fall for the same stupid games every election. OH NO! we are going to get Harris. OH NO! We are going to get DeSantis. OH NO! ANYONE BUT TRUMP. Its all stupid.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You can blame liberals for DJT fatigue, but the truth is he is still the singular most popular Republican and a virtual lock to be the nominee if he decides to run, and that has nothing to do with the left.