1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Tank For Wemby Race

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh you think we're not doing it again this year? I'm betting we are.

VW terrifies me. Kareem is as close as we've ever seen to somebody of that body type thriving in the NBA and having a healthy/durable career. The list of guys who were injury plagued is a lot longer.

But if he does stay healthy he has GOAT potential. As good as Scoot looks, I don't know how anybody could pass that up. That said, I just want the Rockets to get a top 2 pick. I'll be over the moon with either of those guys.

#81 Williamson, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  2. i3artow i3aller

#82 i3artow i3aller, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    peleincubus, pippendagimp and J.R. like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

J.R. likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think
    -they won’t be the worst team in the league again (or for the 3rd year running)
    -a few teams will be worse;
    -Rockets will land in the 5-8 range of the lottery

So unfortunately I don’t think Scoot/Wemby will be a Rocket.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to the Kings barely missing the playoffs and then winning the Wemby sweepstakes. If only they had a dynamic PG that made everyone around him better to go with Wemby and Keegan. Instead, the Wemby Sabonis twin towers could be funny.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, I'm looking forward to the Nets barely missing the playoffs and becoming the best team that ever wins the #1 pick lottery against the worst odds. :D

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member

I don't know about Sampson, but guys like Yao, Porzingis, Embiid, Chet, and other giants look like they aren't all that comfortable with their size. Some look awkward. This guy moves like a small forward. Maybe that bodes well for his health? If he's charismatic and somehow remains healthy... superstar of superstars. There will be plenty of under 20 win teams and over 55 win teams. Dude is crazy.

xaos and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed. He moves like a taller, bigger KD. I think its the coordination and agility that is really surprising. Physically i think Porzingus is actually a pretty close comp. Porzingus is 7"3 and before his knee injury was a very agile player. Wemby is definitely more skilled/talented however and hopefully he wont have the same injury issues.

And while i love his shooting, I'm scared of how high he jumps on his shot (including on 3's). One bad landing with that size/frame is not going to be good.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't see the Rockets landing Wemby and I do worry about that body surviving the physicality of the NBA, but he'd be a perfect compliment to Sengun. The way he was handling the ball and shooting 3's is insane for a guy his size.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

His 9’ wing span isn’t good enough for Green/Jabari running mate. Need to 10’+

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No problem. All he needs to do is grow longer nails. 10' wingspan right there.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Good point. Grow his hair out to to make him 8 1/2 feet tall. No one will even go into the paint with him an Jabari. Game ova

Easy likes this.
  13. JumpMan

He's 7'-5" now. This can't exist. He goes against the laws of nature, geometry, and physics. The kind of sorcery needed to keep him whole will be tremendous.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. JumpMan

That's a Nephilim. Wembayama is a Nephilim. :eek:

Easy likes this.
  16. Williamson

I think we'll be no better than the 5th worst team in the league. So winning #1 is still very much going to be a possibility. Honestly, as good as they looked against the Spurs, I have a hard time believing we'll be better than we were last year. We got younger and I expect Eric Gordon to get traded too.

17. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

He's going to be a spur. Everytime i see him, it's the only jersey which I can imagine on him. Like I've seen it before. Very unfortunate.

18. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

This exactly.. will be sad
    But I think we end up with the 4th pick or thereabout

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you get no 1 you trade down and get Scoot. We have confirmed toothpick build too fragile to play in the NBA. Maybe Giannia shouts at him too loudly and he tears his ACL or something

20. Williamson

But Giannis was also a toothpick when he entered the league. I'd be thrilled with Scoot if we got him, but I wouldn't pass up on Wembanyama if we got the #1. I couldn't. If he stays healthy, he'll be like nobody we've ever seen.