1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Season Astros General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Apr 10, 2023.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member
    Supporting Member

I felt before the season started Houston needed to add more starting depth to their rotation. We can't count on McCullers and now with two pitchers down, depth is more important.

Depending on the MRI on Garcia, I hope Dana Brown doesn't wait too long for potential trade target.

@Nook I would love for them to trade for Perez.

IBTL, raining threes and Nook like this.
  2. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Member

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I get that completely. have you ever tried listening on 1.5X speed? I don’t like it but some people absolutely swear by it.
    mid in at my office or something I’d much rather read, but I like pods for my daily commute and my walk/workout time.

IBTL and cmlmel77 like this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Sounds like something you say when you didn't like what you saw the first time.

6. Buck Turgidson

It sounds like something you'd say if you were having a second or third opinion on a thing you weren't sure about. Wow, what a crazy idea.

I do not understand the shittingupon of the Astros medically, it's incredibly dumb.

Other than it's the same idiocy that has been going on with fans of all the Houston sports for about 40 years.

For some reason the finest medical center in the universe simply cannot diagnose and treat athletes.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  7. marks0223

Supporting Member

Regardless of sports, who gets second opinions if they got a good first opinion?

Stephen66 and ktex like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Literally everyone with half a brain.

Nook, marks0223, IBTL and 1 other person like this.
  9. ktex

ktex Member

I think this season is most likely fvcked- a team can only sustain so many injuries. There is a reason nobody repeats.

10. awc713

awc713 Member

Glass half full: we always knew injuries were coming…we’ve played into October the past 6 seasons…we just need to keep our head above water and I think we have the organizational depth to do that.

we still have several elite hitters penned in the lineup and several others average to above average, and yes, a few who are slumping…you know Dusty will give these guys every chance to correct…so it’s a matter of time, and hopefully we can stay afloat. It’s not like anyone in the West is running away with it and it’s the first week in May for Christ sake.

InTheGroove likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Helpful, thanks.

12. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Member

see it all the time in medicine with non-athletes. It’s not uncommon at all

IBTL likes this.
  13. marks0223

Supporting Member

Ok, I'll be positive that they are just making sure it's some inflammation or something else relatively minor.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Also, after today we're going on a 9-game road trip.

This is good news, since we've only managed to win 1 series at home this year....

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Injuries have been hurting and Abreu and Bregman playing like trash have been the icing on the cake. Those two need to get it together if we are going to do anything this year. Abreu is very worrisome at this point.

ktex, IBTL and mikol13 like this.
  17. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Abreu and Bregman really should not be clumped together.

Bregman is not hitting and that's maddeningly frustrating. But he is still getting on base and not striking out. The hits will come. He has done this before and will suddenly wake up and be scorching hot for weeks. Let's hope it's soon.

Abreu is lost and may be old too. He is doing nothing to help the team. If he doesn't improve it will sting, but even without him, if everyone is healthy the team should be at least as good as last year. Let's hope Alex and Troy can fix him.

18. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are numerous examples of why this team should not be trusted when it comes to medical issues.

19. Buck Turgidson

Dumb...dumb...dumb...