1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Postseason Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Buck Turgidson, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Beyond how stale it is.... Uhm, Houston *solved* the problem! I don't want to "Well, actually" this but - that's the entire point of the movie! The men and women on the ground in NASA/Houston being bad-ass smart nerds and saving lives.

(Sorry; but this misappropriation drives me bananas.)

2. Hey Now!

Because there's a 100000000000000000000000% chance they'll ask him about it and there's a 0% chance Correa will slight/shade Altuve.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Castro is the only one "allowed" to make those threads. If anyone else makes them they get deleted like during the 2019 and 2021 playoff run lmao

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

when was the last time the stros were asked about booing and made it some story. It's old news and a non story

Tuve got hit in seattle and they cheered. Didn't even get much attention in the mainstream media. Only stros fans who follow them regularly were disgusted by it. At the end of the day nobody gives af about booing. The players are certainly numb to it now when it's essentially a norm at this point

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Day 2 without baseball...

-I wake up late not knowing what day it is, and quickly fling on the tv in desperation hoping to catch the Sports News of the day before realizing it's only Friday. Torturous pain races through my veins with each push of the remote clinging to the notion that this can't be true. I mean, "Do I really need to wait one more day?"

I trot around the house, like a dope fiend checking every crevice for just one more ounce, searching for one last reprieve to calm my nerves. Alas, I find the bed, and decide mercifully to sleep the day away.

"One more day. It's only I one more." *fetal position*

Bregatron and Radricky like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Twins fans aren't Yankee or Phillies fans that said I've already been razzed. Even my GF in 2021 threatened to boo me when the Stros played at Target Field that year. We didn't end up going to the game.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've already seen it. I was at the first game of the Astros at Twins last year and this year and sure enough the boobirds were out for Altuve while Twins fans cheered for Correa. In one of the games I even overheard some Twins fans saying they used to really hate Correa but he's growing on them.

Anyway as the fly overest of fly over land Minnesotans are easy to win over if you give the impression you like it here and think.
    https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...alls-juicy-lucys-and-the-minnesota-state-fair
    "When I go to Minnesota, I diet for a week before going there so I can just crush Juicy Lucys every day," Correa said at his introductory press conference Wednesday.

Correa clearly knows that dropping the name of anything even remotely famous about the Land of 10,000 Lakes is catnip for Minnesotans, not to mention the local media (wait...that's us!).

8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol yup... I've had a few deleted.

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

Fidel Castro I see

Scarface281 likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Go smoke a joint. You'll feel much better.

11. Hey Now!

Correa playing a postseason series against his old team is a story. That his old team is lustily booed/hated because of a cheating scandal he took part in will be discussed by the media looking for a new/unique angle.

It’s not old news this week.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course correa + astros is a story. He's actually facing them for the first time in the postseason. that's the actual story

booing though isn't. now that's old news. he's already faced them on both sides in regards to that

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Got my tickets for Game 3!
    I've had to promise not to wear face paint.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Qan

Qan Member

Thinking tomorrow's lineup prediction...

Altuve
    Bregman
    Alvarez (DH if no Brantley)
    Tucker
    Abreu
    Brantley/McCormick (LF)
    Dubon
    Pena
    Maldy

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If they call you cheater, just smile and say Correa.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Should I wear a hard hat to game 3?

18. Buck Turgidson

Perfect opportunity to wear a Correa Astros jersey. Just confuse the hell out of 'em.

Rock Block, AB, Bregatron and 3 others like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I do have a Stros Correa shirt (not a jersey). I wore it to the last few Stros at Twins games.
    I'm leaning towards wearing my old school rainbow Stros jersey though. I am legitmately worried of someone dumping a beer on me and ruining it.

Rock Block and mikol13 like this.
  20. jayfree

jayfree Member

I have an Astros shirt that I bought in 2017, and every game I've worn it to the Astros have won (including 2 World Series games- one in LA)

Dodger Stadium, Citi Field, Minute Maid Park, Camden Yards and Angel Stadium