1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Panthers decide yesterday
    Levis odds shift over night and this morning
    Reddit dude: “Last night Carolina told Will they're taking him, which is why the odds moved HEAVILY for him to be the second overall pick.”

[​IMG]

LOL I’m just havin’ fun.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I heard Jabari Smith may go 1st overall and Banchero and Chet will fall

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Assuming the teams have the actual score, what would that do for him exactly?

5. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Even he himself though said that it was just based on what he was hearing around the league and his guessing. I believe Ian Rappaport who has consistently said he hasn't heard a single thing from the Texans this entire time. And he was one of the most plugged into the DeMeco hire throughout that whole process.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think the bigger point is that a quiz shouldnt be weighed as heavily as watching these guys play football. We're not asking them to build interstellar rocket engines. The factions that pop up in support or X,Y,Z hang on to these arbitrary 'wins' as if they mean the most in a vacuum. They dont. Its just a piece of the puzzle. I can watch Stroud play and come away with a feeling that he knows what he's doing just fine without needing to feel like he's a genius. Perspectives of what drives winning football is what promotes these conversations and usually without a global context as to what is successful TODAY.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is outright exhausting. I tried to go dark on speculation, but I still can't escape it. There is way too much time between the SB, Combine, Pro Day, and Draft. This is ridiculous.

napalm06, MadMax, cmoak1982 and 4 others like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. raining threes

I generally agree with this post.

But that fact that NO QB that's performed poorly on that test has done well in the NFL in the last 5 years, gives me pause. Plus when you put this with the agent and his word being his bond. I would pass. I dont think he's going to be a terrible QB, but I dont think he's going to be a top 10 QB so he's not worth the trouble. IMHO

Red.Glare and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. raining threes

Patience is your friend.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. gucci888

He is and it lines up with how Caserio has been drafting. Obviously I don’t have any clue on how it would turn out but this would be a pretty underwhelming pick for his 3rd straight 1st round pick.

cmoak1982 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It would make sense for the Panthers to appear to like Bryce Young, in order to motivate the Texans to trade up and give them value. So I could absolutely see a scenario where the Panthers surprise people with their top pick. I personally have a 3rd round grade on Bryce Young. I would never take him first overall. Levis and even Richardson have greater upside (but also low floors.. although Bryce Young has the lowest floor because he's too small to withstand injury).

All I ask is that the Texans don't get c*ckblocked this year by another team taking their player one slot ahead of them -- it's an annual rite of passage for Texans draft fans.

Xopher and raining threes like this.
  14. raining threes

There's an issue of whether the reports are true or not.

I'm believing that they're true until DM/Stroud release the score. What are they hiding?

15. gucci888

Ya that seals Bryce as the pick IMO.

Rudyc281 and Verbal Christ like this.
  16. raining threes

Regardless if the pick is Levis/Anderson/Wilson or Carter, this is the guy that Ryans wants as the cornerstone of the franchise.

cmoak1982, gucci888 and primtim24 like this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

How can you not like this guy as a person?

BamBam and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

If they take Wilson at 2 I'll be disappointed and not at all surprised. This is the Texans after all....

BMoney likes this.
  19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Remember when the team that had the first pick would start contract negotiations with their guy well before the draft and usually had an agreement in place by draft night, thereby removing a lot of the drama? I'm starting to miss those days.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

There's plenty of film to come up with a conclusion for me as an amatuer fan. I've seen Stroud wreck a lot of defenses with his precision, touch and feel for the game. The s2 test does nothing to sway me from thinking he was a good QB and should be able to have some success. I've morphed my opinion as to what is winning football at the position within the last few years. I was high on Stroud early, but I've tempered my enthusiasm and as a whole I dont view this class as anything special and in that frame If QB was a must I'd rather ride with the guy who would be the greatest in a best case scenario and that is Richardson, but I'd also be fine skipping the position altogether.

Xopher and cmoak1982 like this.