1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. raining threes

Let's hope not

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. raining threes

Cal and the word genius?

LoL

coachbadlee and Deep Steel Truth like this.
  3. raining threes

Cal and the word genius?

LoL

4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Problem with Hooker is figuring out where he'll go.
    I'm not one who believes the internet/espn draft experts always have an accurate handle on things!
    Just last year they severely overestimated how high the top qb's would go.

But with Hooker there's differing opinions on how high he'll go too.
    All it takes is ONE team to fall in love him and he's gone!
    So if they're HH guys then how long are they willing to wait to select him?

The top of round two is too late.
    Even trading up to the bottom of round 1 is taking a chance.
    So then the question becomes "do I try and trade down from #12" first or just don't get cute and take him at 12?
    He's the last of the big 5 so if they miscalculate they're SOL!
    So if it was me I'd just take him at #12 and be safe!

I agree about Bijan being worth anything #12 on down.
    You've got to remember though the Kubiak/Shanahan offenses NEVER take rb's that high as they believe they can find the skillset they need later in drafts.

I REALLY want to come out of this draft with AT LEAST 2 pass rushers!
    We have no one who we can count on for even an 8-10 sack year!
    You're right that Nolan Smith may rise to even the top 10.
    If so we'd have to take him after our 1st trade down from #2 - #7.
    I'd be okay with that I think. I really like him.
    I also REALLY like Will McDonald IV if he's there at 2-2!
    Best edge bend in this class imo.
    I think both he and Smith will have much better success/stats in the pros than they did in college.

And I put my team building strategy as....
    1) QB
    2) Player that protect QB (blindside)
    2) Player that disrupts opposing QB (pass rush)

david_rocket and raining threes like this.
  5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

So are you saying that you're not 100% sure that your friends source is accurate/true or that the info being conveyed is fluid and not set in stone yet?

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Stroud's choice of Mulugheta as an agent is going to cost him in the draft order and financially. Texans shouldn't associate with an agent like that. Got burned once by it already in the Watson debacle.

#7146 El_Conquistador, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I get it. You're FANBOYS and don't care what else is available or who you have to work with to keep him if he is good. The selection of AGENTS is a factor in the draft as much as pundits hate to admit it.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So if they trade down to 7 you’ve got the 4 QBs and Anderson, Wilson, and Carter.

Y’all cool with just taking whichever guy is remaining? Would be fascinating to see who that would be.

No Worries and primtim24 like this.
  10. conquistador#11

I would take a chance on Tune with a 6th round pick. He can be like a Keenum in the future.
    But I'm not sure if I want my qb to have ties to the Bloods. We already had John Wall on a Houston roster.
    [​IMG]

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. a time to chill

I remember Landry Locker saying that the theory of there being a rift between Mulugheta and the Texans was not true. I hope that’s the case because it would be highly dysfunctional for a franchise to let feelings about a former player stop them from dealing with a player that could be their next franchise QB. But given the history of the McNairs I wouldn’t be surprised.

gucci888 likes this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Mulugheta and their crew are not good people

El_Conquistador likes this.
  13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We’ll see how much of a factor in less than a week. But honestly I’m not sure it is that big of one.

The Texans got burned most recently but DM is doing exactly what the Rosenhaus, Boras, etc…have been doing for 20+ years. Tactics maybe different but the end result is the same, they are going to strong arm the f*ck out of you to get every penny possible or they’ll move on to whoever will.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the problem with the Mulugheta clients is not the terms of the contracts, it's the holding out and demanding trades after signing a contract (Watson, Budda Baker)

cmoak1982 and primtim24 like this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? Mulugheta demanded Watson be traded just months after signing a huge contract extension. He is dishonest and lacks integrity. There's a lot more to the story which I won't even get into, but rest assured it's bad. He feels as though athletes have been aggrieved and he's on some righteous quest to bring equity. He's a cancer to the stability of the league. He played a large role in blowing up our team as well... then lead a PR campaign to blame it on the Texans front office. No way we get back in bed with that snake.

Shark44 and primtim24 like this.
  16. Bob Barker 007

This isn’t as hard as the Texans or its fans are making it. Take Young or Stroud at 2 depending on who’s available. Only take Will Anderson if you aren’t taking a QB. Take edge or WR at 12. I prefer Smith-Njigba and Addison. If Caserio actually has a spine, then he would rely on film over the other nonsense that filters through. As it stands, my bet is that they will overthink it, trade up, and lose the immense pick value we have in exchange for a non-guaranteed lottery ticket. Or we’ll end up without a QB, and we’ll be labeled again as the team with no direction.

17. gucci888

How is he different from other super agents?

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. gucci888

Let’s be real, DW4 probably plays out most of his contract with the Texans if he didn’t get caught. Watson wanted out and his agent made it happen. Players and their agents have been f*cking over their own teams for decades now.

Blackballing agents is the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If you have two QBs rated close and one has an agent that told the player to sit out right after agreeing to an option. it makes a difference. Anyway, I don't believe any of the QBs is a "Franchise" QB and I don't want to waste my time dealing with scum in the land of good, not great.

Definition - scum - not honoring your contract and expecting $ while you are breaching it.

#7159 Marshall Bryant, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    primtim24 likes this.
  20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

No one is black balling agents. But it IS a factor when choosing between players rated close to equal.

cmoak1982 likes this.