1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

His footwork is so bad that’s probably the reason he is the 10th rated QB in this draft. Oh, forgot he is clearly the number 1 QB in this draft. Guess all the scouts, coaches and GMs wish they could evaluate talent as good as you.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He had the problems I thought he had, but he started to overcome them....but then he had a setback when people found out he was a rapist.

The best part about drafting Watson was the haul we got for him when we traded him.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL look at you getting all mad! :rolleyes: You're really going to say that Youngs footwork out of the snap is smooth? So emotionally invested that you're willing to fling around absurd strawmen. Are you really a Texan fan or just moonlighting here from Alabama football? Young is going #1 anyways right? So you shouldnt be too worried! Im sure the Panthers have a lively chat board somewhere.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think there are teams that are leaking false information because they desperately want stroud to fall to them in the draft.

Shark44, BMoney, red5rocket and 3 others like this.
  5. Mashing

Mashing Member

I do not disagree with you. As it stands we have assets to move up next year if they can find a willing party. I do believe it would be very difficult to move up to draft Williams or Maye next year. If the Texans believe there are QB's just as good or better than the ones they can take this year then I live with (but not necessarily like) waiting until then to get our QB. I would hate to have Demeco's first year to be wasted.

Hawkeye84 likes this.
  6. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Nah, just always find it funny that random message board posters think they know more than all the scouts, coaches and GMs in the NFL. Young is not going to be a Texan so that part of it doesn’t matter. I understand, unlike some, I am not near as smart as those making draft decisions and trust they will make whatever choice they think is best for the team.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I have two eyes that see an ugly drop back. Kid can still play. I never said he was the 10th QB on the big board or that Im a scout. Thats your insecurity as a fan steering you. Makes sense that 2022 film was not displaying what you wanted you needed to go back an extra year (edit: go back an extra game). Its always easy to conform and believe "professionals" because they are never wrong right? You're too emotionally attached. I want the Texans to get better. There isnt only one way to achieve that goal.

I see Williams and Maye out in front next season who would probably be both consensus #1 picks if they were in different drafts and I'm also going to watch Penix, Porter, Ewers and Ward as a dark horse. This draft is not stacked at the position, but Im looking at it as a Texan fan and you're justs here to amp up Young. Its all good - at least call it what it is.

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

I went back a few weeks not an extra year. At least you could be honest. You are comparing games where the other QBs had their full contingent of receivers and I just provided an equal game. Sorry if trying to do an equal comparison upsets your narrative.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Peep the edit chief. You're foaming at the mouth for nothing. If you dont value a nobody's opinion then why are you so worked up? Now you want to add qualifiers of missing WRs and support players and all that to keep it apples to apples? Poor Alabama football they didnt have any good players!

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL this should go over well with Bryce Young Only Fans! BYOFS - has a nice ring to it! :D:D:D

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

That’s what I thought, it upsets your narrative. Quick question, how good would stroud have looked against Georgia without Harrison and Egbuka?

13. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I would not be surprised if this is accurate… if the Texans indeed like Levis.. they may need to take him at 2 :eek:

whag00, cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Far from upset Im not the one grasping at straws. Your loaded question lies on a premise that QBs are helped by better support players - thats just next level observational skills. In that case Young should be fine since he can still perform with "bottom of the barrel" talent.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm here for Bagent in the third.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Whatever cranks your tractor man

Verbal Christ likes this.
  18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, I didn't post that one. Plus, doing me is no fun.

20. Jayded

Jayded Member

This is really where our gamesmanship should show itself. If we have absolutely no interest in Levis and think he's overrated, absolutely trade with the Colts. We'd be one pick away from who we would have targeted at #2 if it's not Levis, hurt a division rival if our evaluation is correct and he's overrated, and pick up some valuable draft capital for ourselves and further harming a division rival. Win-win if Levis isn't our guy and we believe the reports.

raining threes and houston19519 like this.