1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

3. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Riiiight Jerrah!
    Like you'd really tell us which qb you like and want to draft before it even starts.:rolleyes:

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The Cowboys really like Dugan. There is very little trickery when it comes to Dallas and drafting. It was a Cowboy scout that convinced him to go pro. Personally, I watched a few of his games and don’t think he will ever make it at the NFL level.

This last year is a great example. They were in love with Tyler Smith although many teams did not have him as a 1st rounder. They scooped him up. And then they were absolutely transparent and effusive in their love for Sam Williams, and took him in the second round, although he was probably more like a third rounder to most.

Both players looked great this year. Dallas has really drafted well the last few years. Will McClay is the man.

raining threes, rfrocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don’t disagree with this, I just don’t like BMI.

Although BF% does tell a lot about someone’s health, generally speaking. More accurately, it’s a better indicator of health than BMI.

But yes I agree we can move on. It’s irrelevant for NFL players outside of Sebastian Janikowski. That was pretty much my original point and I went off on a tangent.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not at #2 though. Maybe if he made it to 12. That way we could get one of the top defensive players. Either him or Levis.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I agree with you on one point and (I REALLY hate to say this) the cowgirls on another.

I see a lot of people high on Dugan and when I watch him I just don't see it.
    Just as much "meh" as there is good and a lot of times he's horrid early on.
    If JJ spends his 2nd on him that's aok with me.

On Tyler Smith though, I wanted him BAD!!!
    He was my #1 binkie last year.
    I wanted to use our 2nd on him but dulles drafted him in the 1st.
    I KNEW he would be a player!
    If he doesn't make it as a tackle he can be an all-pro guard, but it looks like he'll stick at LT.
    Dancing bear.

I also hated it when Jerrah got up and showed that pic of his draft rankings on the ol, crowing that they got their higher ranked player (T Smith) after we got K. Green and the Chargers took Zion Johnson.

Only thing worse than losing the player I really wanted is the girls getting him! GRRR!

Also agree that Will McClay is the man.
    Great eye for talent!
    Good thing they have JJ's ego and constant meddling to counterbalance McClay.

desihooper likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Gonna b quite triggering if we we trade up for the 1st pick when we could have just gotten it by losing the last game.

9. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

11. Fantasma Negro

Great news if he's dropped that little b¡tch quincy

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That actually makes me feel better about Stroud

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

coming from the Niners where they've made it work with multiple QBs (although they did trade up for Lance), I don't see DeMeco wanting to trade up to #1

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If the Cowboys like an offensive lineman, it means he is a stud. They just dont miss there. They develop well also. They had undrafted Terrence Steele playing at a way above average level at RT before hurting his ACL. Travis Frederick also over drafted but well worth his short career.

And yea Tyler Smith is a future all pro at either guard or tackle.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that thinks Anthony Richardson is a glorified option QB just sent and reviewed his stats and didn't actually watch any of his games.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Duggar seems like a good fit for Dallas. Backup that can spark a win or two when Dak goes down.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

First of all Hawk--GREAT FIND! I love this no BS take on these prospects. Check out his take on KSU DE... https://firstroundmock.com/2023/02/felix-anudike-uzomah-is-everything-will-anderson-isnt/ Cracked me up--Will who!

red5rocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

I watched him. Lacks good decision making and isn’t accurate, 17 TDs and 9 interceptions. He is a look at first read and if it isn’t there tuck and run.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We need a young qb with starter traits incase mccarthy cant elevate Dak.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

This is just incorrect, sorry.
    He ran 103 times on the year.
    That's less than 10 a game and probably 75% were designed runs.
    If anything, he likely needs to be coached to use his feet more.
    Go look at the South Carolina game. Game log shows he ran 15 times. 10 or more were designed Two or three sacks and a few times he scrambled and ran, which were completely called for.

Richardson needs to work on his accuracy with shorter throws up to 15 yards, but a one read and run QB he is absolutely, positively not.
    He will be coached to run more in the NFL and not try to make a lemonade pass out of every drop back batch of lemons that he finds himself with. He holds the ball too long, thinking he can keep using his superior athleticism to stay alive and wait for someone to spring open.

Rudyc281 likes this.