1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hope Stroud stays in school. Saves us from a mistake

raining threes, whag00 and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Mills is not going to be the starting QB next year.

We will sign a Vet QB

If we miss in Williams or maye there is always Ewers who I am very high on and we can always trade for a QB Jordan Love possibly??

We have options

raining threes likes this.
  3. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly we weren't even the worst team this year.

astros123 and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Weird decision by Stoud if he chooses to stay. I would think the goal is to get to that 2nd contract asap.

6. Rockets34Legend

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Look how great that has worked for the Colts.

cbass, Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  8. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

This is silly season. Even if you don’t like Stroud, he still played WAY better than either Levis or Richardson. We are in a bad spot qb wise if he decides to stay in school. Levis is worst case scenario by far.

gucci888 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I said Vet not a senior citizen in football years of course

Phillyrocket likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stroud is worst case scenario.

Rudyc281 and Qan like this.
  11. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Not buying that whatsoever.. Bears fans are over overvaluing that 1st pick. I think this might push teams to wait till 2024 draft class for there qb instead. Although I like Bryce a lot, he is not viewed the same as Burrow, Lawrence, or Luck even with CJ being in it. So believing teams will give up a massive haul for 1 when history shows the total opposite of teams trading up to position 1 “1st pick has been traded 3 times in the last 25 years” Maybe it could happen in this years draft.. but I’ll go with history on this one.. guess we shall see :confused:

whag00 and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Rockets34Legend

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

In the very least, Stroud declaring for the draft means the Bears lose their leverage for an historic haul on the #1 pick. That opens up the possibility that they keep the pick, draft Carter, and the Texans get their choice of the QB they want.

14. raining threes

I'm looking for guys that are threats to score TD's every time they touch the ball from anywhere on the field. This is something that the Texans offense has been missing for years. This is more important to me than a true WR1. Although Hyatt stepped up and looked every bit the part of a WR1 after Tillman went down with injury.

Want the Texans offense to put the fear of god in defenses next yr?

1-2, I will give you the QB of your choice.
    1-12 Hyatt
    2-32 Washington
    2-50 Achane after trading Cooks and 4-103
    3-64 Avila
    3-75 Best edge available, I like Van Ness
    5. Best RB available.

Sign Bradbury in FA and Tomlinson

Offensive roster

Drafted QB and Mills

RB's Pierce, Achane, Cheap FA, Late rd drafted RB

TE Washington/Akins/ Quitoriano

WR Metchie/ Collins/ Hyatt/Achane would play a lot at WR/and Moore/Rodgers.

OT Tunsil/Howard/Heck

OG Green/Cann/Avila/Late rd pick.

C Bradbury/Avila

Defense

DE's Van Ness/Hughes/O/Addison
    DT's Tomlinson/Collins/Hinish/Lopex.
    LB's Harris/Hansen/Cashman/Wallow/ Lste rd pick
    CB's Stingley/Nelson/Thomas/King/Tremon Smith
    Safety, Petrie/Owens/King/Late rd pick, I like B.J. Foster a lot.

Upgrading the blocking at Center/Bradbury and OG Avila, along with a great blocking TE like Washington would allow Pierce/ Achane room to roam. No more watching Q and Jordan getting their butts kicked trying to block. Plus there would be depth for the 1st time in a long time.

Then you have homerun hitters at WR with Hyatt and Achane (Who I want to touch the ball 15-20 times a game at RB/WR/KR/PR.) who are threats to score anytime they touch the ball. Mtchie can lineup both inside and outside like he did in college, depending on if Achane is playing WR. Collins is really solid and all he needs to do is stay healthy. Rodgers who's really surprised me. He looks really good and is a playmaker. I would also bring back Moore as a ST's guy and a great WR6. This takes an area of weakness and makes it an area of strength.

This offense would be young and very dangerous. Much more exciting than what we've seen for the last 4-5 years. This isn't pie in the sky. It could happen and any prospective HC should be looking at the Texans HC job in this light.

#2154 raining threes, Jan 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Shark44, Rudyc281, whag00 and 3 others like this.
  15. raining threes

Does this mean Caserio cant draft a QB in 2024?

I could see the Colts trading up and drafting Young1-1, if you're Caserio do you draft Levis at 1-2? Or go the vet route and draft a QB in 2024.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Nick is now backed in a corner thanks to that pointless final win. They should have lost picked Young and if he sucked then pick Williams or Maye in 2024.

Now all you can do is hope the Bears stay put and take Carter or Anderson. If Young goes 1st you’re ****ed. Stroud and Levis are reaches and with big FA spending to come you’re unlikely to get a top pick next year.

Screwed everything up no wonder Lovie’s dumbass was fired the next day.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

My only problem is you trying to give Achane 15-20 touches a game. I don’t think you realize how much that is. He might as well be the focal point of the offense. That’s Christian Mccaffrey type touches when we already have Dameon Pierce as our lead back.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Billy O Butts

Billy O Butts Member

Ya'll sound like some women in here- looking for size and girth. It's all about the motion in the ocean...

Hurts is 6'1 Rodgers 6'2 Wilson 5'11- stop acting like Young is 5'4 and just watch his footage. Whether it translates down the road is for everybody to wait and see. Taking a defensive players makes us ass regardless.

If your team cannot put up a some big points in this current league, your d won't give a fk after a few games.

You take Young or Stroud and cross your fingers. We have another first round pick at 12, stop being greedy as fk

Young Metchie Nico Johnston - I'm pretty high on that.

#2159 Billy O Butts, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is he being an OSU Homer or do scouts really have CJ as #1 qb prospect? Not bashing it.

Rudyc281 likes this.