1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/1-2] C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of C.J. Stroud?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. YES

84.4%
  2. NO

15.6%
  1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Meh. Call me when the Texans start winning. I'll hop on the bandwagon if it happens.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So now our coach is dumb? Good lord, you're fun...

#142 houstonstime, Apr 28, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    cbass and Fulgore like this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Better than being inaccurate when things are clean.. but hey, throwing the ball hard is cool. Stroud was not who I wanted, but goodness I didnt want Richardson who can't hit the backside of the barn, and the entire NFL is passing on Levis, but we'll see. Just be happy, we got Anderson too.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You really should be banned from the forums. You’re an open racist.

Will you be mad when Stroud doesn’t start? Or is that the white man keeping him down?
    Is the S2 culturally biased, is that why he performed worse than any body ever?

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I am happy we got Anderson. We didn’t need to give up so many picks to get him is the issue.
    We settled on a QB that doesn’t have top 5 in the league upside. We have tons of holes to fill and now less options to do it

6. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Looks like the white man is keeping Will Levis down right now

Fulgore and BMoney like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

HChristopher? Is that you?

You black only qb groupies seem to stick together, hard to tell who’s who

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

But late last week, the interest seemed to pick up. A source said members of the Texans’ staff began to inquire more about the Ohio State quarterback and his background recently.

And finally Thursday night, while on the clock at No. 2, the Texans did what needed to be done.

They drafted Stroud and followed it up by trading up to No. 3 to get Alabama edge rusher Will Anderson Jr.

“I’d say his toughness, his competitiveness, his leadership, his accuracy,” Caserio said, when asked what he liked most about Stroud. “There are some things he’s going to have to work on. Seeing things he’s probably never seen defensively. … But C.J. has a lot of qualities we like.”

“I’m looking at this opportunity like it’s one of a kind because it is,” Stroud said. “It’s something that God put in my life and so I know it’s for a reason.

“I know the city of Houston hasn’t seen a franchise quarterback in a long time. And that’s something I hope I become. I know I’ve got to put in the work. I know I’m still young. I know I have a lot to learn, but I know I have coaches on that awesome staff that can teach me to do that.”

“I think C.J. is really good,” ESPN draft analyst Jordan Reid told the Chronicle. “He’s the most polished passer of anybody in this draft. But another thing with C.J. is, can you uplift a cast that isn’t as good as what you had at Ohio State? Because he was throwing to dudes (like) Marvin Harrison Jr., Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba. Are you able to uplift that lack of supporting cast?

“But him throwing inside of structure, there’s no question about that.”

9. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

ok cmoaKKK

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think I’m white?
    And. It’s funny because I don’t like Stroud I’m racist, but Young was my QB1.

Meanwhile you and the other racist flat out said you don’t want a player because they’re white.
    You’re a garbage human, who deserves no respect. Hopefully you don’t have someone that you can teach your vileness to

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I’m sorry anyone who thinks race has anything to do with how good or bad a player is or plays any part at all who should or should not be drafted is a vile human being. That is literally the most ignorant and pathetic mentality a human can have.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

H. Christopher, DasouthDakota and Rocketsrafttv only want a black QB.
    Literally said they do not want a white QB and that the Texan fan base doesn’t want a white QB.
    That is the reason I’m going back and forth with them. They’re pieces of ****

13. Ancient Moabite

Hopefully Stroud breaks the being average to below avg standard set by some of the recent drafted qbs from that college

I had Young as best based on eye test but figured Carolina moved up to nab him so I was good with them selecting best Dline players or one on each side of the trenches, they got one

The new era begins, how it plays out, TBD

Sooty, Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully for the Texans he pans out. I obviously have my doubts but I’m cautiously optimistic that the coaching staff can make something out of him

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  15. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

I’ll give you $5,000 if you can show me where I stated I don’t want a player because they are white. Lmao. WTF are you talking about?

16. liveguy

liveguy Member

Kid played well in games….worked out well and yet, people worried about a test. lol

Texans got the best passer in the draft….AND he can run when he needs to.

Sooty, ROXRAN, Fulgore and 3 others like this.
  17. Ancient Moabite

Pretty much all we can do is hope they pan out for all those drafted

They have to throw him in the fire day one to see who is who and what is what

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm fully behind Stroud. He's our guy now and I won't make another comment on this matter.

Like many I thought Young was the best player in this draft, if he ends up being a superstar letting Lovie win that last game is gonna go down as an all time f**k up.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member