1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/1-2] C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of C.J. Stroud?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. YES

84.4%
  2. NO

15.6%
  1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Tampa was also trash last season because they didn’t have the elite talent anymore and lots of injuries. Not like tom would’ve done anything on those awful colts teams. You can put up big empty stats in football just like basketball, look at guys like kpj or russ

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Those awful Colts teams were going 11-5 with Luck. I'm pretty sure a 2010s Brady could have matched that, throwing to the likes of TY Hilton and Reggie Wayne, with competent TEs like Colby Fleener.

For Winston, the first year he got a good coach, he put up big numbers and they were a competitive team. Not exactly like putting up stats on a 3 win team thats for sure. And he is still only 29 right now. Unlike Kaep who can't throw or Cam who has an obliterated shoulder, I think Jameis is a player who can still help a team as a very good game manager. Like if the Vikings would have traded for him versus sign Josh Dobbs they might be better off right now, IMO

astrosrule likes this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I mean dobbs isn’t an nfl level qb so that i agree with. I do think if you give howell 2 elite wr like winston had he could put up 4500+ yard seasons while still being terrible. Throw enough and you will put up stats

4. StroudAndYorDaddy

Haha cj stroud is gonna miss his second straight game. Wtf is this ****, wow

Saints qb Derek Carr had 2 concussions within 3 weeks and didn’t miss a game. Seems like more corruption from the nfl to keep cj stroud from breaking the rookie record for passing yards. Disgraceful

IBTL likes this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Impressive Herbert put up those stats in only 15 games.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

If anyone is upset with Stroud missing 2nd straight game, that’s unfair. Let’s have you get sacked by a 300 D lineman and see if you can come back normal in a week.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Good Lord, Tim Boyle.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't think anyone is mad at CJ Stroud.

10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

What would you interpret it as?

12. conquistador#11

He had let go of the ball for 2 seconds +

That's what sux about it. Remember joking with cmoak before the Jets game that Met life turf would have an impressive statline

13. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

MetLife is cursed. I had a bad feeling we would walk out of there with injuries. Turf fields should be banned. It did Demeco in, he was never the same after that.

14. conquistador#11

NFLPA is mad because they're going to roll out royal grass for the futbol'ers in the World cup.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That was real grass when Demeco went down.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ugh. Another week missed?

17. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

“In 2016, DeMeco Ryans sued the Houston Texans - the franchise he has since returned to as head coach - and the NFL for $10m for the part the turf at NRG Stadium played in the premature end of his playing days. Ryans' grievance stemmed from the torn Achilles he suffered in Houston in 2014.”

it was turf. I meant turf in general, not MetLife stadium.

18. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

yikes.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It wasn't though. It was real grass, that someone at the time thought was a good idea to put on steel plates, so that they could move it in and out of the stadium for other venues. In ingenuity, it was a pretty good idea, but in hindsight, players complained that their foot would get stuck in between those metal plates causing injuries. They did away with that field system some time ago.

Got Wes Welker too.

20. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

Damn interesting. I truly thought it was turf this whole time. Thank you for educating me.

raining threes and donkeypunch like this.