1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NBA Draft/1-4] Amen Thompson, G, Overtime Elite

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of Amen Thompson?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2023.
  1. YES

81.9%
  2. NO

18.1%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Admittedly, Amen only played one game, but damn, what if we just drafted a hyper-athletic PG with great court vision and Kirilenko-like "stock" potential?

#721 AroundTheWorld, Jul 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to imagine Amen leading the break with Jalen and Cam on each wing. I'm hoping for some kind of new school freakish version of Magic, Worthy, and Scott. Having Jabari as a trailer could make this one of the best transition offenses in history. Imagine going small and adding Tari to that group.

We could be in for quite a show in a few years ladies and gentlemen.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Sengun with the outlet pass.

4. dmoneybangbang

It was certainly a valid concern.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

If they can round out the rest of their defense while maintaining high stock numbers they could have all-defensive first team potential. Makes it so much easier to stay on the court when you're a great defensive player.

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. The possibilities.....

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

It was vastly overblown and was the weakest argument against them IMO. You scout the player, not their competition

RedIsen and Ancient Moabite like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

apollo33 and clos4life like this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ausar Thompson giving me Nightmares that he is better than Amen Thompson. I literally can't sleep of how good he is.

Ausar Thompson is the most All Around Player and definitely can play Point Guard.

Jontro likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You ain't lying. The vision is epic.

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

rox can do a wink wink deal with detroit and pay 50 mil to trade ausar and amen. no one can tell the difference

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The issue of drafting a twin is there will always b an inferior one

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Most these twins came into the nba pretty obviously who was better, Brook vs Robin Lopez for instance. With amen and ausar there’s a legit debate who is the better twin. Ausar was better when they were younger but the gap narrowed in recent years, and as a wing it is more critical for Ausar to be able to shoot from 3. Amen’s shot looks worse but as the more on ball player there’s other ways to create spacing for his teammates instead of shooting, such as getting into the paint. I think it’s possible they are just both good though.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ausar is good man lol

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Amen looked every bit as advertised in his only game. It’s not surprising that Ausar is also looking like a big time prospect.

17. OkayAyeReloaded

He's this gifted, this hard of a worker and he loves the game. I'm very happy with this pick and even more so hearing these reports on his habits and thinking process. He looks like a winner

Those with gifts, who work to develop new skills each year and love or are obsessed with the game have a strong chance to become successful or even all-time greats.

18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Amen has played one game. Just relax. They’re both going to be really good, so just deal with it.

AroundTheWorld and rockets1995 like this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They need to let him play pg. He's so unselfish. Ivey at pg looks like KPJ at pg.

rockets1995 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. j@amc

j@amc Member

The other side of the coin is the overvaluation of NCAA ball. The greatest players aren't showcasing in college anymore. They are in other leagues around the world. The short 3-point line and the glut of non-NBA guys make it harder to discern. And there are still guys choosing the NCAA like Emoni Bates or Keonte George that would look totally different if they simply focused on being pros.

OremLK likes this.