1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NBA Draft/1-20] Cam Whitmore, F, Villanova

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2023.

Tags:
?

Do you like the selection of Cam Whitmore?

This poll will close on Jun 21, 2024 at 9:15 PM.
  1. YES

98.0%
  2. NO

2.0%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

This kid is a beast and he is how old? Twelve or something.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Looks like a grown man.

Damn, thinking back to when I was 18/19...same height, but so lanky.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Me too, weighed about 160 lbs. I could do an impression of a pencil really well. Believe it or not I loved to mix it up, and people were afraid of my bony elbows. Those were the days. Now I weigh 225 and have weighed 240.

Hakeemtheking and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Maybe in the G League.

I like confidence, but I think he will need to be realistic about the playing time he will get, and he needs to remain humble.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s what I’m concerned about. Will he get upset about limited minutes?

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Never say Never. The guy has the talent to do it. If he gets an opportunity, you never know.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hopefully, he doesn't come in with a sense of entitlement. But if he outplays others like KPJ, Green, Brooks in practice, I hope he earns minutes.

And who knows, maybe we still manage to trade KOJ?

9. Ancient Moabite

Hopefully free falling in the draft gave him some ground of humbleness, especially at this young stage, now in year 2/3, it will more so be a problem

But I believe he will get some rotation minutes rather organic or through long season which a minor injury is bound to happen

If Rockets decide to GLeague him then maybe he can go and win MVP there as well

10. kpdark

kpdark Member

he got some good advice/'perkisms' from Perk on that interview

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

12. Asian Sensation

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news...a-76ers-trade-cam-whitmore-villanova-wildcats

Suck it Morey!

Philly could have traded Ben Simmons and got back CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons AND a first round pick AND kept Seth Curry, Drummond, pick #22 in this last draft and their 2027 First round pick.

Instead he doubled down on a bum ass loser and traded for him, got bounced in the 2nd round, signed a 37 year old Peej to a 3 year $33 million deal in the off season that will pay him $11.5 million at age 40 only to get bounced in the 2nd round again.

He’s now stuck with said 34 year old bum ass loser and his $35.6M dollar contract and 38 year old Tucker both deals which he regrets. This summer he also got trolled by the Jazz and had to swallow his own poison pill. Lol

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/07/paul-reed-poison-pill-sixers-jazz-daryl-morey-justin-zanik

But don’t worry 35 year old Bev is there for the rescue and Danuel House is back as well.

[​IMG]

Yung-T, Hakeemtheking, Amel and 2 others like this.
  13. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

14. Ancient Moabite

Using your same open minded un-bias thought process........

When has McCollum ever led a team to a Finals trip or title? Isn't he a bum for choking with Portland/N.O. during his postseason years?

I'll give Simons a pass since he is young and nothing is expected from him

What team has Seth Curry/Drummond carried to a Finals or at least deep postseason run? Wouldn't that make them bum losers as well?

One track minded sports fanaticals are truly amazing

I get it that you feel Harden is a postseason choke artist bum loser, but trying to prop up inferior players over a sure HOF'er who is on back end up career is pure poppycock

15. Asian Sensation

Well ya see Ancient one… Nobody expected CJ McCollum a guy that has made exactly zero all star appearances to make the Finals or lead a team to a title. Same goes for all the other players involved in said proposed deal. The same does not apply to Harden who is a former MVP, a guy that got paid a super max contract and was quoted as being the greatest offensive player in the history of the NBA and that’s just factual :rolleyes:.

The whole premise of my post was that Morey went all in on a bum ass loser leaving zero flexibility and he got burned. Now cry more.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No ring = harden is a choker is the stupidest stance antiharden folks like him sprout. U can't reason with that lunatic

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  17. Asian Sensation

Your bum ass loser hero forced his way out of here (thank god!) to go ring chasing. He choked in Brooklyn and he choked in Philly just like he choked here. 3 second round exits since he’s been gone and 2 second round exits before he left. All that diiick riding for what? 5 second round exits in 5 years. Congratulations…. you played yourself.

18. Ancient Moabite

Well Asia minor..... Only the true great bonafide superstars get ultra pressure to deliver and some come thru and some don't

West won like once in 9 or so Finals and was rewarded being the logo which probably should have went to the ultimate champ who won eleven rings back in that same era

You are the one ranting about what Philly could have gotten for Simmons, so you make it seem like getting that package is more elite than getting Harden

Of course Harden is in the KD/Bron tier, which CP3 and others in the past have come up short with no rings and are far from bum losers

The only one crying a blue Nile river is you crying daily over Harden, I just like replying to show you how comical you are, because its two sides to every coin

And what I stated actually happened, and you always take a former MVP who is still playing at all star level-ish over the bum package you crying about the Sixers didn't take for Simmons

Now go back and to your man cave and throw some more darts at Harden poster and burn some more of his Rockets/Nets/Sixers jerseys like the Cavs fanatics did when Bron left them first time around

Morey has always been known to go all in, and Harden was the coattail he has always rode, so I guess he rode that wagon til the wheels fell off, so it was easy for him and to choose Harden over CJ based on their track record together

Good for Morey/Harden

Had Morey taken that CJ led trade package from Portland, Embiid would have requested a trade that same day, and Sixers would have got super burned

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

So its official? Cam Whitmore nickname is Killa Cam?

I LIKE IT!

BamBam and Ancient Moabite like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not say, 12 year olds take roids and look like linebackers now.

solid likes this.