1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Clippers Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Believe It!, Feb 10, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

How does Dame get a pass every single year....like ****ing how. He never does anything but put up empty stats on not even mediocre Blazers teams and still gets treated like a Top 15 player. My guy can't even get the Blazers in the play-in.

He's like SG Anthony Davis except at least he's healthy most of the time.

pippendagimp, Nook and cmlmel77 like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's not just them winning. Teams around them are losing. Stupid Mavs, Warriors, Raptors, Hawks, Suns, Nets, etc. Miami hanging on for dear life.

I'm not feeling comfortable about relying on the Suns, Heat, and Nets to win, but it looks like the "floor" on that pick may be around 22.

Williamson and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Yeah. Doncic and Morant need to come back quick to help slow them down. With those two back there may be a chance of slowing them down or at least having Dallas jump them.

Clippers have 2 games versus Thunder (who seem to be clicking) 2 versus Memphis (hopefully Ja is back for both) 2 versus Pelicans (eh, Pels have a 60/40 shot of losing those) and 1 Suns (Durant needs to play). The other games I'm not hopeful about. Bulls , Lakers whoever else.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Pelicans need to get Zion back too. They were really good with him and have been really bad without him. Apparently he could be back in as little as two weeks. Let's hope.

Rokman likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The pick is gonna be in the low 20’s. There was a window of time when it looked like it might be a lotto pick, but the reality is that the Clippers are just a better team than the teams tightly grouped around them by record. Falling back as opposed to what we are seeing now was not the probable outcome.

We rolled the dice, but the rockets essentially packaged EG, PJ Tucker, a small part of the Harden trade, and an early 2nd round pick for Josh Christopher and the Clippers 2023 1st rounder (looking like a pick in the 20’s).

safe to say, not the best asset management.

Nook and Rokman like this.
  6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Safe to say this post is way premature.

OremLK likes this.
  7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well, they are one Kawhi or George slip from sliding down 5 spots. It's still possible to slip into the lottery. Not likely, but possible.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Getting tighter out there. Go OKC!!!

Corrosion likes this.
  9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Well, this was prophetic…

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The end of that game was hilarious. Go OKC!

HTownTmac1 likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If Paul is out for a while it is Westbrook time. He may pay back a little of the value the rockets traded away for him.

Nook likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

OKC is looking good lately. Hope we have similar developmental success next season with our young guys and compete for the play-in like they are this year. Would be great to play games that matter again.

Also, what are the odds now that we end up getting OKC's pick instead of the Clippers?

13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is mostly just perception by casual fans, AD is known to not really work hard in off season to train, Harden's brand is partying and hanging w famous people and dating kardashians, casuals like the way Dame plays and find it entertaining. Dame's brand is also focused heavily around basketball, which I think casuals like. I think they also like that he doesn't really seem to make a lot of excuses. There are certain guys that will be respected more because their brand is focused heavily around basketball, D rose, Dame, even Jimmy Butler has gotten a pass since moving to Miami. One theory I have is that fans don't like NBA players giving their opinions on a lot of stuff outside of basketball or being controversial, KD and Embiid get a lot of hate because they express opinions, Lebron as well because he is often expressing opinions on things he doesn't really have knowledge of. Players who play a lot of video games and are active on streaming platforms also lose respect if they dont perform, basically if you make it seem like you are nothing but a professional baller, you will get a pass unlike others. Dame is considered an OK rapper, if he sucked he probably wouldn't get a pass.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well and the big thing of course--he stayed loyal to the team that drafted him and people love that because it's become rare in today's game.

At this point Portland should trade him if they don't land Wemby though. Time and past time for them to move on, Dame isn't leading them to the promised land by himself.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Paul George looked like he hyperextended the hell out of his knee...

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't like rooting for guys to get injured, but realistically if he's out for the rest of the regular season that could be huge for the pick. Wouldn't be shocking to see it climb to #15 or #16 in the draft.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh hell. I hate seeing that. I hope it isn't as bad as it looks, but it looks really bad.
    I wish Paul George well. Fingers crossed that despite that freak accident, he turns out to be okay.

i3artow i3aller and OremLK like this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Now, don’t you feel silly posting this? I swear, posters on here love to prematurely “judge” players and trades.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Damn, that does not look good

20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

damn that’s a huge loss, I feel bad for Paul George, they probbally wont even make the play offs.