1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Astros Draft Pick Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Jul 11, 2023.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The signing deadline has passed; teams can still sign undrafted free agents, but unless the Astros sign more of those players, this thread is pretty much done.

Alejandro Torres, a 22-year-old righty, is a redshirt sophomore who transferred to Miami from Florida International. He's posted nice summer ball numbers, which is what I got off his Baseball-Reference page. That's all I got on him...

#121 tellitlikeitis, Jul 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am interested to know what these two signed for

Kelly Austin, RHP, UCLA (was going to grad transfer to Florida)
    Alejandro Torres, RHP, Miami​

Given how well the Astros draft and develop pitchers, they must have seen something they really like. I will be keeping my eyes on these two for the next couple of years.

ETA:
    UCLA, Florida and Miami are all three very good at finding and developing pitching, so the above two pitchers will come with a bit of pedigree.

#122 No Worries, Jul 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    prospecthugger and Snake Diggit like this.