1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023-24] Media Day and Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Sep 19, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Question #7: Why did you want to start Bruno Fernando over Alperen Sengun and why did you leak this ludicrous plan to selected members of the press and fan base to get them to support it?

Question #8: Why did you allow false rumours to be spread (or spread them yourself) that Alperen Sengun has bad work ethic, that internal data shows he is the worst pick and roll defender in the NBA and that Alperen Sengun is on the trading block?

Question #9: Why have you still not understood that Alperen Sengun is easily the most talented player on the team and should have been prioritized like Denver prioritized Jokic, at the latest after his string of games where he put the team on his back and put up monster numbers, becoming the youngest center ever in the NBA to get two triple doubles?

Question #10: Why are you still not treating Alperen Sengun as the undisputed franchise player, as you should, and instead, you treated a criminal called Kevin Porter Jr. who had already been a disruptive and negative influence in the locker room as if he were the franchise player, giving him Harden's locker, introducing him last at games, and allowing him to do whatever the hell he wanted, without any repercussions?

Dovahkiin and RudyTBag like this.
  2. J Rock

J Rock Member

This makes me happy. He isn’t on my team and may be sabotaging others.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That GM needs to be fired.

[​IMG]

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LMao. Not really a fan of Brogdon, probably means some of the BKN picks are gone.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Would be pretty stupid of Houston to trade a Brooklyn pick for Brogdon. I like Brogdon, but he is injury prone and he in no way puts us over the top and in fact may take some of the development time away from Amen. I'm cool if we get him, but if it involves lottery picks, Stone better pass.

Corrosion, Joe Rocket and Tuckmose like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fits in with Free agency policy.......old players that are good but not great and no stars want to join Houston just yet other than Harden.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Much rather try to get Robert Williams to come off the bench.

We have 3 playmakers in FVV, Amen and Sengun. Green will handle the ball a lot too. Don't understand the point of getting a PG when KPJ was supposed to be our backup SG.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Training camps used to be longer. A few years ago they chopped off like 2 weeks or something off training camp in order to space out games so you wouldn't have as many games in a few days (back-to-backs, for example). They were trying to stretch the season out by doing so and let players rest more. From what I recall, there were a few coaches who weren't too happy with it.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The C backup would make more sense.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. MystikArkitect

God forcing us to draft Jabari, Amen, injured Bruno and forced us to replace KPj with Brogdon. He might actually be a Rockets fan.

BelgianRocketsFan and Joe Rocket like this.
  12. kpdark

kpdark Member

13. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Not a fan of trading even more draft capital to bring in more meh veterans that won't move the needle. Those Brooklyn picks are to be used for a disgruntled superstar when he hits the trade market (Luka, Edwards, Young) when the young guys turn into a 45+ ish win team. Don't waste your bullet's when you'll need a full magazine to bag a big catch.

I know people were slobbering over Mikal Bridges, but the Bridges Nets were a lottery team if you look at their record post trade deadline.

#113 Tuckmose, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

It should be certain already

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I would rather have Robert WIllaims

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brogdon for KPJ's contract and two 2nds?

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t see Amen playing in nba until later in season, I think he gets some PT early then is sent to work on his game in RGV. I wouldn’t be worried about taking his pt this season.

ac in austin likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't agree, I think Amen will be getting consistent minutes this season after the initial 10-20 games. If I had to guess I'd say he averages 20-25 minutes off the bench. By late in the season, we'll be wondering whether to keep FVV.

JamesC likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That sounds like material for two chapters, and then a third one to start the summer. :)

BelgianRocketsFan and Mathloom like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member