1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023-2024 College Hoops Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Buck Turgidson, Nov 6, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

grass isn't always greener.

Tramon transferring to Arkansas not looking good at all. Their team is terrible. Their offense is horrendous

2. Buck Turgidson

I didn't understand that transfer at all.

YOLO likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

U of H only fan here. Rooting for UT is like rooting for the Rangers, Mavericks, Spurs, or Cowboys. Actually worse, since I prefer top recruits wanting to come to Houston.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Rooting for UH is like rooting for Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and the Kemah Boardwalk.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Oh right. They have a great basketball team, a great program, and a great coach. Maybe you aren't from Houston though, and have a different loyalty in sports. That's fine, but condescending UT fans are as bad as Cowboys fans in my eyes.

Anyway, I'm just a Houston fan thru and thru. When the Texans su*ked, I didn't root for the Cowboys. When the Astros didn't make it to the World Series this year I didn't become a Ranger fan, and when the Rockets s*cked I didn't become a Spurs or Mavs fan.

6. Buck Turgidson

So when UH sucked you rooted for Rice?

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

No. I root for U of H. I went to school there a couple years before I joined the Navy. Many moons ago, when Hakeem and Carl Lewis were there. It's like asking a die hard Mets fan if they root for the Yankees when the Yankees have a better record. I don't jump on bandwagons of other teams.

8. Buck Turgidson

You said you were a Houston Fan through and thru. To me that means Oilers, Rockets, Coogs, Texans, Astros, Owls, TSU, and the HS teams (North Shore took care of business again today, back to the state finals)

I guess maybe I'm not from Houston, though. :)

Lots of Houston kids play for the Longhorns. You should root for them too.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

I meant that all my teams are Houston teams, and yes, I have have my favorites for college & HS (good or bad) just like many people do. My teams are the Oilers, Texans, Astros, & Coogs, and my high school team, the Dobie Longhorns. I rarely watch college or high school sports though. I might root for Rice or TSU in the NCAA tournament over other teams, but not the Coogs. I usually root for the underdogs in all the tournament if they aren't from Houston.

The NFL is my sport. I rarely missed an Oilers game, except when I couldn't, being in the Navy. As for the Texans, I don't think I've ever missed a game except maybe 4 or 5 times when I was out of town or out of the country, and it wasn't an option. I do watch a good portion of Rockets and Astros games, but the seasons are way too long for me.

10. Buck Turgidson

I was just messing with you a little bit.

I grew up with Phi Slama Jama and Luv Ya Blue and cried with the '86 Astros.

Hook 'Em H-Town!

11. Buck Turgidson

Nothing much fun this week until Friday night: UConn vs Gonzaga in some Seattle tournament

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

Putting this here because wasn’t sure where else to put it. Eric Momtross died today. 52 years old. Man.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is the best team by far penny has assembled at Memphis.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good matchup tonight vs Duke for your Baylor squad @MadMax

MadMax likes this.
  15. MadMax

MadMax Member

Yes sir! I’m coaching tonight, so I’ll miss it. Pumped because my son who coaches hoops for a living invited a kid to come join us for practice, and he’s my favorite player on the team my kid coaches. All hard work…had about 20 rebounds last game. Tough background, and I can’t imagine how much harder his life is than mine was at his age…but he’s a dog, and I love him. I haven’t met him yet, but I get to help coach him tonight, and I’m so excited!

SIC ‘EM!!!

16. Buck Turgidson

Shiiit, man. That honky mofo messin' mah old lady - got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

[Subtitle: Golly that white fellow better stay away from my wife, or I will punch him]

Hey, home', I can dig it. He ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap-up on you, man.

[Subtitle: Yes, he is wrong for doing that]

I say hey, sky. Subba say I wan' see...

Uh-huh.

...pray to J, I did the same-ol', same-ol'.

[Subtitle: I knew a man in a similar predicament, and he ended up being sorry]

Hey, knock yo'self a pro, Slick. That gray matter backlot perform us down; I take TCBin', man!

[Subtitle: Don't be so naive, Arthur. Each of us faces a clear moral dilema]

Hey, you know what they say. See a broad to get dat booty ac'ion...

...lay her down, or smack 'em, yak 'em!

Cold got to be! Y'know?

[Subtitle: How true!]

Shiiit!

#76 Buck Turgidson, Dec 21, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    MadMax likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

MadMax likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

9 in the Kenpom top 30 (Texas, Utah and Colorado would make 12 in the top 40)

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. VanityHalfBlack

Tominaga remember that name. Just upset the #1 seed in the country.