1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022: Work-Out Thread - What you Lift Bro?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Anyone tried this workout? I laughed my ass off!

FrontRunner and Xerobull like this.
  2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

After about three months, I finally got to the second 45 lb plate on this machine. I think getting to three will be much tougher. (I can't do traditional bench press due to back issues.)
    [​IMG]

leroy, A_3PO and Xerobull like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

From observation, better grip strength, and experienced jammers get all of the sports liquid in their mouths unless otherwise instructed.

That's awesome!

There are a lot good arguments for using machines vs free weights. In fact, the motion on this looks like it forces proper bench press form.

4. rimrocker

It's so much easier on my back and it actually helps stabilize core and strengthen lower back. I really like several of the Hammer Strength machines and they are all plate-loaded and iso-lateral.

A_3PO and Xerobull like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

two ton heavy things

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a great machine! That said, have you tried DB bench presses? They are far more natural for your body because you aren't forced to conform to the straight bar. I gave up BB bench pressing years ago.

7. rimrocker

My lower back is so screwed up that I can't lie flat on a bench and do anything that arches the back.

Sajan and Xerobull like this.
  8. Xerobull

I think my diet is still slightly off and I'm burning muscle instead of carbs/fat/protein because I'm having problems putting on muscle.

Back into the 2-3 workouts a day routine after a 'slump' of 1-2 a day for a couple of weeks after my party weekend a couple weekends ago.

9. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

What, you don't like seeing months of hard work go right out the window?

10. Buck Turgidson

Two more two ton heavy things...50 lbs at a time

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

Gonna try this home gym thing a try. I can't stand going to 24 fitness especially after Covid. just a hot mess in there...
    Only reason I still go is because I am on a black friday special from last year. 400 bucks for 2 years + 2 buddy passes. so for the two of us, it comes down to like 8 bucks a month.

getting...
    rep fitness PR-4000 rack
    rep fitness ab-5200 bench
    fringe sport bumper plates
    rogue ohio bar
    tractor supply stall mats (4x6)

franchise403 and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

That rack with cables is nice. I never use two cables together in any of my workouts.

My cable system is similar to this, very small footprint (2’x2’). $239 shipped right now. You have to supply your own weights. I use it a lot.

ER KANG Cable Station Wall Mount, 18 Height Pulley Tower, Dual Pulley System, High and Low Cable Machine, LAT Pull-Down & LAT Row LAT Tower with Flip-Up Footplate, Home Gym Cable Crossover https://a.co/d/9NnT8dQ

#312 Xerobull, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    ROCKSS likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Being sick finally bought me a rest week. Hadn’t had one all year. Consistency. This bug…I couldn’t do a single chin-up I was so weak (six days ago). Did five today with little effort but stopped. I lost five pounds in a week and still going after not eating much calories. Im still sick with low energy and body aches. I guess Im game to continue the sick weight loss route because I hit a wall for a bit before. But, Im sacrificing some muscle as well right now. Hope to get a weight session in this weekend. Until then, I may do some push-ups and more chin-ups and pull-ups. What a f-ed up week! I’ve literally taken 50 bath soaks in the last week as it’s only thing that soothes. Good thing I got the new water heater installed.

#313 Surfguy, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    ROCKSS and Xerobull like this.
  14. Xerobull

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I had severe allergies from February to May this year. This wasn't sniffles and sneezing; my body felt like it was shutting down. I didn't even care about lifting or cardio anymore. I'm very glad to say that by October I had blown away every personal record in the major compound lifts. The pause gave me time to rethink and revamp my routine. The results and continued progress have been incredible.

Forced time off can be a good thing (as long as you don't go any longer than ~3 months). Don't sweat the effect on your progress. Over the long term, the effect will be near zero. Muscle memory will have you back to where you left off faster than you expect.

P.S: I still haven't resumed cardio because I hate cardio.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. Surfguy

I'm back on it but I had to drop the weight as I'm still lacking on energy. I'm feeling a little more energy each day but it's slow to come back. Ultimately, the goal is to meet my ab muscles and shed enough weight to see the muscle definition all over. In that regard, my next goal is to get down to 180 pounds from 193 pounds where I am now. Then, re-assess and go from there.

#316 Surfguy, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am starting the knees over toes routine. It would be neat if I could dunk one more time in my mid forties.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'm gonna revisit this thread after New Years...my ass gained 5lbs after feasting like a king this past week. Think I have to go small for Christmas with some lean food maybe a seafood gumbo.

19. Surfguy

I’ve really been targeting my pec muscles and, after 13 months, it’s really paying off. My breasts are really firm. No fear of man boobs here. I do the incline bench press and the pec fly (3 sets of each at max weight to do 12 reps, 10 reps, and 8 reps). Then, I do lying cable pulldowns (same sets and reps) and standing angled cable push downs (same on sets/reps). Gotta hit those lower and upper pecs. Ido pauses halfway and always finish the set without being able to do another. Then, after those four exercises and the main workout, I finish it off with 3 sets of 20 push-ups. Love lifting and seeing the fruits of my labor.

A_3PO likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Been working on my pecs as well, do 3 sets of regular bench press and 10 dips once a week with random occasional pushups when I feel like it. My man boobs are barely jiggling when I flex!

Surfguy likes this.