1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

yikes...i'm afraid you actually think that

2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I think so too. And that would be ok. You could use him to PH late if you were chasing a game

The Beard likes this.
  3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

An OF of Tucker Soto and Brantley would be really bad defensively. I could see them playing that with Framber starting bc he’s a. Extreme GB guy, but we have a bunch of fly ball pitchers and really value OF defense. Tucker in Right, Meyers in CF and Soto in LF is a real good defensive OF. Soto/Tucker/Brantley is really bad.
    I should note, this isn’t my personal opinion of what I would do, but rather what I think the Astros would do.

The Beard and raining threes like this.
  4. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Honestly I wouldn't entertain the Idea of Soto at all let them others cut each others throats and hurt there future

This is were you sneak in on Bell and get a Decent deal for him

Would consider Jj Matijevic and Ivey plus Soloman

JS we need to look at the WS and who can Help I like the Idea of Jake Odorizzi to the Cards for the Thompson kid and another Prospect

I mean look at it like this we can add the above players and use Urquidy to possibly add that depth we are so desperate to add.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

yes, one of those outfields are better defensively than the other. if they were to trade for soto, they wouldn't be dumping their farm for him so they can upgrade michael brantley's bat.

but i'm not going to argue that the sky is blue.

6. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It doesn’t matter bc the Astros aren’t in on him, and one of those reasons, I’m sure, is OF defense and dumping Brantley. The main issue is too much prospect cost. There’s a good chance Brantley is damaged enough to not be a plus player the rest of the year in a full time role.

The Beard likes this.
  7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

You can Yikes me all you want

But if you have paid attention to the Astros AT ALL over the last couple of years, you would know that playing Tucker in CF isn’t happening, they want defense first out there, bud

Squirtle likes this.
  8. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Asking Tucker to play CF defensively on a regular basis is asking for trouble. For emergencies/in-game injuries, that's fine but not on a routine basis. The SF Giants series last season gave me bad memories.

BMoney and The Beard like this.
  9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

They did play Tucker in CF for 3 rather important world series games, choosing offense over defense. Brantley was also out of place playing RF.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

not even worth arguing lol. there's a zero percent chance they'd bench brantley in the postseason for meyers. zero. wild that people think this. but lots of people on the thread also have meyers as a sure-fire star based on a hot stretch in sugar land.

11. aristophanes34

Another interesting name is Whitt Merrifield... Pissed off the KC front office the other day by saying he'd get the vaccine if he played for contender... Dude has played all 3 OF spots as well as all over the infield. Struggling at the plate this year but is a career .286/.332, and he's a high contact guy like the Stros like. He is also one of the most efficient base stealers in mlb history... Last year he was 40/44...

BMoney likes this.
  12. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Did he really say that?

13. aristophanes34

14. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

On Soto I think the Rangers should get hIm

They have the Pieces to do it. And he would fit wright in. They could be the Next Angels

All bats no Pitching

SWTsig and The Hunted like this.
  15. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

16. aristophanes34

Kind of makes him a perfect Astro... He's already used to having shade thrown his way... lol.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Padres are working to aquire Soto?

Intreasting this makes it more and more likely they wanna sell off some players dirt cheap and Give away a high end prospect to do so

18. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

And he's thrown shade on the Astros...kind of makes him not a perfect fit for the Astros. Plus, he hasn't been too good this year anyway, and doesn't seem to be enough of a significant upgrade to lose prospects over.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...cheating-kept-him-from-all-star-spot.amp.html

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  19. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I'm going to go back to an original thought

Lets see if we can trade for Josh Bell and Kiebert Ruiz?

It is speculated that the Nationals might try and burn the entire system down
    There's a possibility they could ship out Ruiz and Grey to get more Prospects for the team

So the Question is What would your Offer be?

20. raining threes

Meyers is the CF of the future. As long as he's in CF and Tucker is in RF the outfield defense will be really good. Meyer is already an above avg hitter and should make much improvement as he gets more settled in as an everyday player at the MLB level.

They're probably going to roll with Maldy at C and Yuli at 1B this yr, even though Click should look to upgrade those positions.

Next offseason Click will upgrade the C and 1B positions. My question is, do you think Click will give JJ a chance at 1B next yr and if he doesn't cut it trade for a 1B at next yrs deadline?