1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I get that, i'm just saying I think another team (Yankees, Dodgers, Mets) would offer more than that to get a deal done.

2. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Heyman said it was just 1 of the 2 but Yankees refuse to trade either. If both are studs, why not sacrifice 1 for a top pitcher? Or do they plan on having 1 of them at 3b or 2b? Which Astro prospect would be the equivalent to Volpe or Paraza?

3. The Beard

We don't have a prospect anywhere close to Volpe

As for Peraza, we don't have one in his range either according to the publications, but it's certainly possible some teams would see Brown as in the same range.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  4. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

According to MLB pipeline

Volpe is #8
    Paraza is #38

Brown is #83.

Baseballtradevalues has an unproven Volpe slightly more valuable than Jeremy Pena right now after 1/2 a season of ROY contending production.

raining threes likes this.
  5. CinematicFusion

Luis Garcia would work if you feel luis castillo is a great fit for this year and next.

The Beard likes this.
  6. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I want tot trade Chaz, Odo and Maton for prospects if this market is really going to be as seller oriented as people are making it out to be. I don’t see any of those 3 guys as being integral to our hopes at a World Series this year or in the future, and it would be nice to add 5 top 30 type prospects to our farm.
    Urqidy, Garcia, Leon and Perez or Valdez for Castillo. Odo, Maton and Chas for OF/pitching prospects.

7. The Beard

As much as Chas isn’t great, unless we make a trade for another OF we need him. I don’t want more of Siri

lnchan likes this.
  8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

This presupposes Brantley ever comes back healthy. That gives us 4 OFers and no need to ever see Siri in the playoffs as anything other than a defensive replacement or pinch runner.
    If Brantley/Alvarez aren’t healthy though you are correct, he becomes very necessary.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

We have to sign Tucker. If we trade for Castillo and he is as advertised he will want Cole money in two years. Can/will the Astros be willing to pay Tucker/Alvarez/Castillo that kind of money? The Astros plan is and has always been to be contenders for decades not a few years. That is what Luhow helped build in St. Louis and was his stated goal when he came to the Astros. I’d love Castillo, but that means Verlander is gone next year and Castillo the year after in all probability. I keep Brown. If Leon/Garcia or Leon/Urquidy can’t get it done I don’t go there. Brown has ToR stuff and is cheap and controllable for 5 years. If we get outbid, we get outbid. We have a great rotation already. It is really going to come down to who is hot in the postseason and whether our aging batters can come back to form. If I’m trading to try and win the WS this year it is for a bat that can replace Brantley or Gurriel, whichever one is either injured or sucking. The Astros are smart in how they guard injury information, because the price goes up if Brantley’s injury could be an issue all year or even off and on all year.

10. CinematicFusion

Not great news

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm worried he's going to be done for the year

#1711 King1, Jul 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  12. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Yeah, we really need to get 1B/LF bat.

Need insurance for Brantley and Yuli.

King1 likes this.
  13. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Soto, 23, rejected a 15-year, $440 million offer, sources said. The proposal, the Nationals’ third in recent months, did not include any deferred money, a departure from the team’s usual practice.

The Nationals’ offer exceeded in total dollars the 12-year, $426.5 million contract Mike Trout signed with the Angels in March 2019. Soto would have received an average salary of $29.33 million, the 20th-highest in baseball history, with the deal extending from his Ages 24 to 38 seasons, effectively making him a National for the rest of his career.

Soto’s agent, Scott Boras, however, generally prefers his clients to establish their values on the market. Soto is on track to become a free agent entering his Age 26 season, and possibly could seek a deal of more than $500 million. Boras was not immediately available for comment.

Soto’s rejection of $440 million, however, altered the equation, sources said, leaving club officials believing that if they cannot sign him for that money, they never will. The Nationals view their exploration of a Soto trade as due diligence. He is under club control for the rest of this season and then two more. The team does not need to trade him immediately if it does not get a desired offer.

Soto, batting .247 with 19 homers and an .895 OPS, is performing below his usual levels, but has gotten hot in July.

Any team that acquired him would control him for three pennant races. That number will decrease to two once the deadline passes, lowering his future trade value. Soto, earning $17.1 million, also is likely to receive significant raises in his final two years of salary arbitration.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

2+ years of club control... and they could be in contention in his last year... why trade him this early...?

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

brown, leon, urquidy/garcia, meyers, whoever else they want in minors

htownrox1 and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. conquistador#11

Yes please! and remind these fools(other teams) that Astros players end up doing well for other teams. Not our fault the Pirates didn't want to take care of Musgrove.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

If we can somehow snag him, we're pretty much looking at 2 guaranteed World Series in the next 4 years.

If there's ever a time to use our assets its now.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There is absolutely no such thing in baseball

Astrofan59, Nook, The Beard and 10 others like this.
  20. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Would they ask for Tucker as part of a package? Or maybe Javier? Heck they might ask for Tucker, Javier, and prospects (which will end up being our top prospects like Brown). I don't care how good Soto is, I would rather have Tucker, Javier, Brown, plus whatever other assets they want and look for a lesser but cheaper to acquire upgrade in the of. I would be annoyed though if he went to the Yankees or Dodgers.

The Beard likes this.