1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Texas Governor's Race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ryan_98, Jul 5, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Desperately trying to align himself with trump...

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Abbott makes me sick. Gun toting Texans killing people daily and Trump the psychopath make him happy. Two dangerous and stupid things to stand for.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Tax-break-program-to-cost-Texas-
    1-billion-a-year-

Tesla has promised, on paper, to provide a minimum wage of $15 an hour to food service and custodial workers. But it hasn't promised to create a significant volume of higher paying jobs in the area.

Critics say the pay that Tesla is prepared to offer low-skill workers is not enough given soaring rents, relatively high home prices and the tight supply of housing in the area (especially for first-time home buyers).

Critics also spoke about Tesla's record of squashing unionization efforts at its other factories, and its failures to acknowledge and fix workplace safety problems.

Many of those concerned with Tesla's safety practices mentioned the ways that CEO Elon Musk has downplayed the risks and severity of Covid-19, and the fact that he defied local health orders in California to bring workers back to the company's Fremont-based car plant amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Tesla also has a checkered past when it comes to fulfilling obligations in cities where it has secured major incentives to build factories.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/tex...eaks-for-a-new-tesla-factory-near-austin.html

Good article...

THE HIDDEN WORKFORCE EXPANDING TESLA’S FACTORY

The automaker’s urgent upgrade of its Fremont facility benefited from cheap, imported workers, but did the companies involved flout visa and labor laws?

https://extras.mercurynews.com/silicon-valley-imported-labor/

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1 hour wasn't enough time. So, who "won" the debate?

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beto

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Debate sucked tbh. Hot wheels just blamed all the states problems in Biden and Beto didn’t really answer any questions, he just kept saying “8 years in office and it’s gotten worse”.

I wish Beto would have questioned him, “what policies of Bidens have lead to more undocumented persons entering this country?”.

mdrowe00, ElPigto and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

mdrowe00 and ElPigto like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I'm going to try to watch it later.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't even have to watch and I will know the Republicans will vote for abbot regardless. Abott could have just spent the whole debate calling beto a communist and he would still win easily.

mdrowe00 and cheke64 like this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you listen to the section on the power grid you can hear Hot Wheels stutter. It’s obvious he has dementia and is in no condition to run our state. He needs to focus on his health.

JeeberD and DaDakota like this.
  14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I would vote for you over Beta to be honest. He's as fake as they come

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think Texans should vote for someone other than Abbotts. That mishandling of the power grid is more than enough reason for me to deem him not a good governor. Third world country sht where folks have to burn furniture to keep warm.

mdrowe00 and King1 like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't believe that Abbott was such a ****ing p***y that he wouldn't allow an audience.

Honestly, I can't believe anyone with ANY shred of intelligence would vote for him, he is a disaster as a governor.

DD

VooDooPope likes this.
  17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I haven't watched a gubernatorial debate since Kinky Friedman's weird little cowboy minstrel show for all the bored MSNBC reporters. Like if Clayton Williams had no business sense and could make fun of Jews, while dropping N-bombs like LeMay at Dresden in between campaign stops with Wallace.

Admittedly I hadn't watched a governor's debate before Bush's reelection to Mauro, who when saying his own name sounded like he was directing Ray Childress during a Lawrence Marshall ad.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I listened to 30 minutes of the debate and it definitely was lame.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Violent crime in Houston has nothing to do with Texas gun laws. Criminals don't buy guns legally for the most part.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I agree. We just have a lack of candidates unfortunately. State has plenty of money and we aren't doing nearly enough to help people.