1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Texans Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Jan 13, 2022.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

And what he did to the Colts was objectively reprehensible, and fantastic if your a Texans fan (although the Colts got the last laugh), but it only takes one owner to fall in love with the idea.

Haven’t heard any rumors of McDaniels acting like that in interviews though, but I agree I would have stayed clear

2. STR8Thugg

Im not gonna get into an argument about BOB. He’s a ****ing moron too. He deserved to get fired 100x, but if you can’t tell the difference between a guy who was a placeholder and a coach the team liked at one point and wanted to be the long term coach then idk what to tell you.

O’Brien did way more to hurt this franchise than David Culley. Nobody on earth is arguing different. David Culley is ****ing pushing 70 as a first time head coach, just use your ****ing head to evaluate how the situation is different. I don’t have to spell it out for you.

3. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Remind me. What is the name of the owner who hired Tomlin?

4. STR8Thugg

So now we are qualifying race like that? "Well yeah they hired Culley but he's not a real black guy", grow the **** up.

They didn't fire him for going 4-13. I've said this 50 ****ing times in this thread, but please understand that David ****ing Culley, LITERALLY DECLINED A PENALTY THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIS TEAM ANOTHER 3RD DOWN, INSTEAD CHOOSING TO PUNT IT BC HE WAS "FRUSTRATED." HE COULDN'T "COMPUTE" LETTING THE PATRIOTS SCORE TO GET THE BALL BACK AND HAVE A CHANCE. THIS IS WITH PEOPLE IN HIS ****ING HEADSET ADVISING HIM TO DO JUST THAT!

"3 AND OUT AND PUNT IT? WE'RE GOOD!"

"I TOOK THIS JOB BC IT'S ONE OF 32."

"THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT FOOTBALL IS THE FOOTBALL."

HE WANTED TO BRING BACK HIS ENTIRE STAFF, GOING TO THE PODIUM AND ANGRILY DEFENDING TIM ****ING KELLY, ON A TEAM THAT WAS 4-13.

He was an absolute disaster at the podium, on the field, and in every single aspect of being a bridge coach. That's why he was fired.

I could go on and on and on. He needed to be fired, and guess what? He got paid 22 million dollars to be the most moronic, clueless coach in the history of the ****ing NFL. He was a 66 year old first time HC that had NEVER been even a COORDINATOR. (WONDER WHY!?!?!). He was meant to be a bridge coach, and he was such a moron he couldn't even handle that poorly. He was an abomination. A Clown. An absolute joke! Why people feel sorry for that man I will never be able to wrap my head around. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

primtim24 and Htown Legend like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

Umm, yeah Dungy was fired, and the Bucs won a SB with Gruden so........

But you may wanna look up the history of the Indianapolis Colts from 2002-2008, where he was not fired and retired after the 2008 season, to be replaced by Jim Caldwell.

Although I'm sure @liveguy will tell you neither of them are even real black coaches bc they didn't look like Wesley Snipes.

primtim24 and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You hearing something??

8. STR8Thugg

Not feeling confident about Caserio's chess game right now....

red5rocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

This is the slogan for the 2022 Texans.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Texans can make one hell of a statement by hiring him.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Narrator: “They won’t”

Rudyc281 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I think you're forgetting a very key piece to the story. Dungy did get fired in Tampa, but he then went to Indianapolis and won a Super Bowl...

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Idiot son isn’t making the decision… his AA sponsor/spiritual advisor is.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

From a macro level yes, a lot of people ARE rooting for more minority hires in the front office and coaching ranks of the NFL. The reality is that 75% of the players in the NFL are black yet a very small percentage of the head coaches and general managers are black. In the entire history of the NFL there has NEVER been a black owner of a franchise.... NONE.

There is currently one black head coach in the NFL........ ONE.

Over the last 22 seasons there has been a total of TEN black head coaches in the NFL over the last 22 seasons.....

Herm Edwards, Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy, Marvin Lewis, Dennis Green, Romeo Crennel, Art Shell, Mike Tomlin, Mike Singletary, Jim Caldwell, Raheem Morris, Leslie Frazier, Hue Jackson, Todd Bowles, Vance Joseph, Anthony Lynn, Steve Wilks, Brian Flores, David Culley, Ray Rhodes, Robert Saleh

There have been 21 black head NFL coaches in over 60 years of NFL football..... that is it.

Its even worst for General Managers in NFL history......

Last I checked there were only 2 black OC's in the NFL.

So yeah..... a lot of people WANT there to be more black/minority head coaches and general managers in the NFL. For one thing it is better for the sport and society in general. There is no way statistically that out of 70% of the NFL players, that only 21 black men have been worthy of being a head coach...... that is what we in economics call inefficiency.

I am old enough to remember the belief that black men couldn't be successful NFL quarterbacks, and that wasn't that long ago....... Warren Moon, with an absolute rocket for an arm, good speed and excellent strength and a high Wunderlich score did not even get drafted. People did not want to draft successful black quarterbacks..... when the league and the sport was pushed on it, suddenly black quarterbacks started springing up. This is no different.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Texans draft picks play out their rookie contracts, then sign with other teams where they all go on to flourish

red5rocket, Rudyc281 and JayZ750 like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Matthew

Mark

Luke

John

20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Johnathon Gannon will be the HC.

McCown possibly on the staff in some capacity.

He will reach out to KOC to see if he wants to make a “lateral move” but the ability to call plays here.