1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Texans Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Im checking all the time lol

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

A better hire would be Easterby.

Master Easterby has been coach people of all walks of life, he just doesn’t have the title but a leader amongst men.

Nook likes this.
  3. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Lol, Easterby's office would be in a confession booth.

Sooty and mikol13 like this.
  4. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

He is waiting for the top coaches to be poached and then it is easy to hire McCown.

red5rocket likes this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Forgive me father for i have sinned. Yes son, what have you done. I got beat on single coverage over the middle and, last game I forgot my assignment on a blitz package.

We all make mistakes son. Two hail Mary’s and 3 Our father’s and do not let it happen again.

Sooty, Genesis and Fulgore like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

Wasn't David Culley a leader of men who everyone thought was a swell guy and wanted to play for? That does not make a head coach.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There maybe something to this. They’re gonna get blasted horribly if McCown is the hire and probably even more so if he’s seemingly chosen over all the “available candidates.”

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The people that are mocking religion and making jokes are trash.

bigdaddy and Deep Steel Truth like this.
  9. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I could care less if someone is Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, or a satanist. To each their own…

but a professional sports organization making their decisions on religious based preferences to align with their own personal beliefs isn’t cool or fair to the fan base.

Hire the best guy for the job and if that person so happens to be a Christian? Cool. The optics will be incredibly bad if they hire McCown as HC and IF it is McCown, be prepared for a lot of religious jokes and whatnot because that will be the clear reason he was hired over more qualified candidates

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Therefore Crip Walk on Water is the ultimate trash.

BMoney, conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

McCown makes sense from an accounting POV. If they're still going to pay Culley's contract for next season why not hire a guy that you can pay a relatively low salary and market it as "thinking outside of the box"?

IBTL and Sooty like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could say that about a lot of NFL players, but that doesn't make them the best candidates to have the job over coaches, coordinators, or assistant coaches who made their teams better. It baffles me that someone like offensive coordinators Eric Bieniemy of the Chiefs or Byron Leftwich of Tampa Bay haven't even been called for an interview. Maybe they have and I haven't heard about it.

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You can tone police all you like, but this has everything to do with people like Easterby who are using their religion as a straight up power play. If anybody is mocking religion, it is fools like Easterby who present their spirituality with all the depth of a hack stand up comic- yet insist on it for everyone else in the organization more as a badge of loyalty to *him.*

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You said it better in one sentence than I did!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

“Hey Sean Payton, do you accept Jesus as Your Lord and savior?”

16. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I think this week the jobs will start to get filled. Seems Caldwell is one of the favorite with the Bears. Leftwitch is getting a second interview with Jags. Daboll is getting a second interview with the Giants. This should get interesting. Buckle up!

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No one is mocking religion. I have my beliefs and I 100% respect what other’s beliefs are. Am I having fun with Easterby? Yep. He has no business running/ruining an NFL franchise. It’s comical and sad at the same time.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

True but it makes him a perfect one and done candidate.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Bienemy is in anyway a possibility, that would be a no brainer even for this organization of people with no brains.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Couldn't they just cite the dumpster fire of an organization as to why they didn't secure their first, second, third, fourth, or fifth candidate, before they moved on to the sixth best guy they interviewed?

red5rocket likes this.