1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Schedule release thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TexasRedd, May 12, 2022.

1. Fantasma Negro

Deal!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Fun!

My only caveat is that if Mills is hurt in TC or preseason and unable to start the first 2 or more games (hope not!), we'll just call it off, because that wouldn't be fair to you.

Remember this, I will, and let's nail down everything in the TC/preseason.

ETA: 8 is obviously a push...I forgot it was a 17 game season now. I won't ask you to go 8.5, but I could!

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

You're a good man Buck

4. Buck Turgidson

Well, I want the Texans to be good but maybe not quite THAT good.

Yet.

ROCKSS, cmoak1982 and Fantasma Negro like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Usually we look at our schedule and see quarterbacks that are elite and think we can't win. The good news about this season is I am not sure we are playing many of them. last year I looked at our schedule and didn't see us winning more than 1 game and somehow we got 4. This year I am looking at the schedule thinking we have a lot of winnable games and this team seems greatly improved on paper. Like what below actually scares you? No team in our division or the Cowboys division is a sure fire lock to win and that is 10 of our 17 games. Maybe we get pleasantly surprised.

Elite:
    Mahomes Chiefs

Top Tier:
    Herbert Chargers - We did beat them last year..
    Prescott Cowboys
    Wilson Broncos
    Watson Browns ??? Is he playing?

Beatable
    Ryan Colts x2
    Tannehill Titans x2
    Lawrence Jags x2
    Fields Bears
    Carr Raiders
    Hurts Eagles
    Jones Giants
    Wentz Commanders
    Tua Dolphins

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Agreed, I want them to be "competitive", "smart", "PHYSICAL" and "up and coming" but lets get great draft picks next year and build on what we have going........Vegas has the line at 4.5 wins, I want the under but I could see them getting 5+ if they win one or two that they should lose, like the Chargers win last year.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’ll be very surprised if they don’t win about 7 this year. Lot’s of winnable games for a team that won 4 last year. Jags, Giants, Washington, Bears, Miami, Browns all suck. Not convinced Colts are going to be better, Titans were stupid not to sign Brown. Phili could be good, but have a sh*t QB. Cowboys are a rivalry (at least for us) so we have a chance.. For sure losses KC, Chargres, Broncos.

cmoak1982 likes this.