1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA summer league

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JayZ750, Jul 2, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just ridiculous.

cmoak1982, Genesis and clos4life like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can't believe people out here trying to dunk on people because of 1 summer league game.

And then trying to act like I said Holmgren is a scrub.

WTF is wrong with you people?

4. i3artow i3aller

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Holmgren is good. Only argument is if he'll stay healthy (which is fair). I'm definitely happy with Jabari though. For the record I was happy with Banchero or Ivey too.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what argument did this stem from when he hasn't ever even been injured

I'll answer that. It's nothing but a stab in the dark assumption rather than an actual argument

Yung-T and D-rock like this.
  7. King1

I'm a Holmgren guy but guys that tall routinely have injury problems (mostly feet). First foot injury will be a problem. Saw it with Yao. I hope it doesn't happen. Look forward to watching the kid play but it's certainly a possibility

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yaos legs were massive and also need to remember he didn't stop playing in the offseasons

9. King1

Accurate but then look at Rik Smits.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i couldn't care less about him. He has nothing to do with Chet in 2022

D-rock likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

#25 on OKC is complete ass

12. i3artow i3aller

It's gotta hurt Poku's soul to sit next to the actualization of what everyone wished him to be

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Its a little disingenuous to be like "this is based off nothing!!". It's not based on nothing. No one is randomly saying "i think random dude x might get injured".

We know what its based on. he has a very unique body shape/size. he hasn't been inury prone yet. he may never be injury prone. he might get a couple of minor injuries over the years while Paolo or another top pick ends up with a DRose/Livingston esque random career changing injuries.

All of that is possible.

HOWEVER, because of his unique shape/size, it's certainly something to be cognizant off. Players falling into him/his legs. Him falling - he had a potential ankle sprain last night in the first quarter already that he shook off which is great.

Chet was #1 on my board. But if a GM said he was 1a while someone else was 1b and we're choosing 1b cause of potential injury concerns, regardless of whether there's a meaningful "stab in the dark" element to it, I can certainly understand that choice. I would have picked him no hesitation.

Rashmon likes this.
  14. JayZ750

The biggest thing that Chet is doing so far in summer league, to me, is just being there defensively and being smart defensively. Yes, he's shooting incredibly well, but we've seen summer league players shoot well than struggle in the nba. Offensively he's playing too far away from the basket for me. But defensively he's been incredible - he's just there, long and smart. Forget the blocks, against these summer league squads, without a ton of practice and against often fringe nba players or other rookies, they're struggling when he's in to drive attack effectively.

Rashmon and Yung-T like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah it isn’t. Like I said it’s based on a dart
    Throw assumption. If he already had multiple injuries like victor there’s an actual argument there. But nah he hasn’t been hurt to date again. Falling into legs? As in that is specific to him? That’s happened to a ton of players. Folks making up all these scenarios like it’s chet doom only.

Who’s actually the healthiest big in the league. Oh Jokic who actually had to drop significant weight to get to that point.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. JayZ750

No, its clearly not based off a dart.

What you're arguing is akin to a bunch of names of rookies are in a hat, and Chet's name was randomly picked out as the guy who might have injury issues.

That's clearly not what's happening.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. When something hasn’t actually happened in reality with this “injury” waiting to happen then yeah clearly a dart

Yung-T likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Wake me up when he gets to 12 blocks in a preseason game.

Signed,

Carrol Dawson

20. xaos

xaos Member

I believe in Chet's upside so I'm not overreacting to a summer league game, but that's an undrafted 6'7" player bullying Chet.