1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 3, 2022.

1. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Agreed. If he’s your leading scorer your team is gonna suck.

I get why people are high on their talent, though. They have a lot of interesting young pieces. The core of the next good Pistons team could very well be in place. Ultimately I don’t think Casey is innovative enough as a coach to get them where they need to be.

Their base offense should be a spread offense with Ivey as the primary ball-handler instead of Cade. Pick/roll with Duren (who looks like he’s gonna be a BEAST) or pick/pop with Stewart depending on matchups. Cade and Bey would be much more efficient attacking an already off balance defense concerned with Ivey’s speed or Duren catching the ball in the paint. Add Bogdan to provide spacing and you have a functioning offense.

Ivey is obviously very young/raw and likely to be turnover prone given that much responsibility, BUT they shouldn’t mind being bad this year anyways so long as their talent develops.

SamFisher likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

Ivey looks like the better player. He's more dangerous in the open court and just less timid overall. Doesn't shy away from the moment. I think Cade with a brain transplant could be like a taller Chris Paul but he has like....1/20th CP3s tenacity and drive.

If they tank I'm not sure who they go for if they don't land Wemby. Scoot is a ball dominant guard as are most of the top talents in this draft class. They already have two.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

is Cade Cunningpork the midget Ben Simmons?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They wanted to get 20 out of Bogdanovic and he misfired.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wouldn't take the preseason seriously but he sure ain't Lebron and his path is long and windey.

Luka has proven you don't need athleticism but you need elite vision and a very sharp mind accompanying your skill set.

And of course mastering and controlling the pace of the game.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

If they get #2 they’re taking Scoot. No need to overthink it. They can run a 3 guard lineup or make Cade available to the highest bidder. But there’s no reason to pass on Scoot if he’s available. He’s that good

RocketDream likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. i3artow i3aller

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I just turned over to the Nets whipping the Twolves and... Ben Simmons - who had 2 pts - just got his 6th foul... At 10:58 in the 3rd.... o_O

DreamShook likes this.
  13. SamFisher

Cunningham can credibly play 1-4 on offense and defense, in theory - that's his value proposition.

Draft scoot and don't look back

RocketDream likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't think Durant with his age and games played can carry a team all year. I see trouble for that team.

SamFisher likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Williams hooping in some fake Jordan’s? Some Vietnamese Yordan’s?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. SamFisher

Christian Wood looks pretty lethal as a pick partner for Doncic even though his picks suck.