1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 20, 2022.

1. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

The Knicks always do this. It's the result of an inpatient FO and an increasingly frustrated fan base who often feels entitled to success (believe me, I grew up with Knick fans).

Spurs are crazy if they think Murray is getting 4 first round picks. That's a similar haul to what PRIME Deron Williams was traded for. I also don't see any team who sees Murray as the next piece to get ahead.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...on-dame-lillard-jalen-brunson-malik-monk-more
    • Having landed Lillard's one-time Team USA running mate Jerami Grant from Detroit before the NBA draft, Portland is now expected to offer the All-NBA guard a two-year contract extension that will exceed over $100 million, sources told B/R.
    • Starting center Jusuf Nurkic appears destined to be a part of the Blazers' future, with a belief among league personnel he will sign a four-year deal worth roughly $17 million in average annual value.
    • Anfernee Simons also seems like he'll be headed back to Portland. Rival teams expect Simons' agreement to be for four seasons, beginning at $80 million, plus room for incentives.
    • Jalen Brunson's salary is now expected to exceed $25 million in average annual value, sources told B/R, and could total upwards of $110 million. The Knicks can offer him a four-year deal.
    • The Knicks are also gauging the market for Evan Fournier and Cam Reddish takers. On Tuesday night, Dejounte Murray started to be mentioned by league personnel as the next New York target alongside Brunson, as first reported by Marc Stein. However, that would seem to run counterintuitive to the Knicks' pitch of Brunson running his own team.
    • It's believed Mitchell Robinson will return to New York on a four-year deal that nears $60 million in total earnings.
    • Pistons big man Marvin Bagley III is expected to return to Detroit on a deal north of $10 million in average annual value, potentially in a structure similar to Kelly Oubre Jr.'s two-year agreement with Charlotte last summer.
    • With Phoenix, there's far less belief the Suns will ultimately match whatever offer Ayton can draw. The relationships between him and Phoenix's other primary actors—most notably head coach Monty Williams and point guard Chris Paul—seem untenable for an Ayton return. But there aren't many looming possibilities for him to find the maximum contract he is said to desire.
    • San Antonio, with its Murray conversations, appears willing to steer more towards a rebuild than offer a hefty salary. Perhaps the Raptors are the team that presents Deandre Ayton with the lucrative deal he covets, but Toronto could only afford such a contract by swinging a sign-and-trade for Ayton. Toronto continues to monitor the availability of several elite centers, sources said, including Utah Jazz All-Star Rudy Gobert.
    • All-Star guard Bradley Beal is widely expected to decline his player option to re-sign with Washington for a five-year deal that could reach upwards of $248 million. Wizards personnel have long operated with confidence that Beal would return to the one franchise he's known.
    • Minnesota is expected to have interest in Tyus Jones, but Washington has been the one rival team most often connected with the Grizzlies' point guard. Jones is said to be seeking a multi-year deal above the non-taxpayer mid-level exception of $10.1 million for the '22-23 season.
    • Malcolm Brogdon also appears to be a viable trade candidate for Washington, although the Wizards never truly considered sending the No. 10 pick in last week's draft for the Indiana point guard. Delon Wright has been mentioned as a reserve guard also on Washington's radar.
    • The Wizards are one of the teams that have inquired about Dejounte Murray in San Antonio, sources said, but Washington doesn't seem to have an offer capable of landing the Spurs' All-Star.
    • The Wizards are going to cast a wide net, and Washington is expected to explore creative sign-and-trade scenarios just like last offseason's approach to land Spencer Dinwiddie. Both Kyle Kuzma and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope continue to be mentioned by league personnel as available for trade.
    • The Hawks are still engaging with San Antonio on a deal that would bring Murray to Atlanta, sources told B/R. It appears the Hawks have competition, and those negotiations have been quite fluid. The talks began back at the February trade deadline, sources said, with the Hawks' outgoing package centered around John Collins. That deal structure seemed to be revisited ahead of the NBA draft, only for the word to spread on Monday of a new framework that would have sent Danilo Gallinari and three first-round picks to San Antonio for Murray, sources said. Atlanta has been in conversation about increasing Gallinari's $5 million partial guarantee for the 2022-23 season. Bringing him to $10.4 million would allow his cap number to match Murray's roughly $17 million salary. It's unclear what is needed to get Murray-to-Atlanta over the finish line. One league source said Collins was back on the table come Tuesday, and the Spurs have started to tell teams Murray's asking price stands as high as four-first round picks, sources said.
    • Outside of San Antonio, there doesn't appear to be any serious active trade conversation surrounding Collins. Sacramento, Portland, Boston and Brooklyn all registered some level of interest in Collins around the draft, but none of those teams appear far along with Atlanta on Collins deals at this juncture.
    • The reigning-champion Warriors are expected to retain Kevon Looney. Rivals believe his salary will be approximately $10 million over a multi-year deal. Golden State is hopeful to retain Gary Payton II, sources said, but a suitor that offers the full mid-level could pry him free. Otto Porter Jr. is expected to receive multiple offers for the taxpayer mid-level, putting his future with the Warriors in doubt.
    • Early indications are Tyler Herro's extension with Miami will settle around $25 million in average annual value. Victor Oladipo is not expected to return to the Heat and is said to have interest from Washington, Denver and Detroit.
    • Toronto and Fred VanVleet appear headed towards a four-year contract extension that could approach $120 million, sources told B/R. Thaddeus Young is expected to find a two-year agreement worth at least $10 million to rejoin Toronto.
    • The Lakers would like to retain Malik Monk at their taxpayer mid-level, but Monk is also searching for more lucrative deals, sources said, despite telling Jovan Buha of The Athletic he'd be willing to return to Los Angeles on a discount.
    • Boston appears focused on high-scoring, small-ball forwards for the Celtics' mid-level. They have been linked to Danillo Gallinari and T.J. Warren, among others. Gallinari is also expected to draw interest from Miami should it lose P.J. Tucker.
    • Philadelphia continues to be mentioned as the leader to land Tucker on a widely-discussed deal that could reach as high as three years and $30 million. In addition to James Harden sacrificing some annual dollars, it's believed the Sixers are still exploring various trade options to free financial flexibility, as well as upgrade their roster with premium veteran talent. The two teams most often mentioned as Matisse Thybulle suitors have been Portland and Dallas.
    • With John Wall likely heading to the Clippers at the taxpayer mid-level, that could leave Isaiah Hartenstein with more lucrative offers, like the non-taxpayer mid-level from Chicago. The Bulls have been linked to various rim-protecting centers, but Chicago is expected to preserve room and not offer the full $10.1 million. Hartenstein could stick around with Los Angeles on the cheap and be rewarded later. Nicolas Batum, for example, is believed to be headed towards a three-year, $30 million deal to stay with the Clippers.
    • Mo Bamba appears to have interest from the Bulls and Raptors, among other teams in search of rim protection. After Paolo Banchero's selection at No. 1, there's also motivation on both sides for Bamba and the Magic to agree to terms on a new deal, sources said.
    • League figures have long indicated a possible return of Ricky Rubio to Cleveland. Collin Sexton could feasibly return to the Cavaliers as well. But while Sexton is believed to covet upwards of $20 million on the open market, Cleveland presented a deal closer to Jordan Clarkson's three-year, $51 million back during early extension conversations, sources told B/R.
    • Bobby Portis seems destined to return to Milwaukee on a four-year deal north of $40 million.
    • Rivals believe Nic Claxton will return to Brooklyn around the full mid-level.
    • Oklahoma City is still looking to absorb salary for draft picks before the new league calendar begins, sources said.
    • Lonnie Walker, sources said, is not expected to return to the Spurs.

BigMaloe, javal_lon, csnerd84 and 3 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Another teammate doesn’t like Chris Paul? It happens to him at every stop.

TheJuice likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

4/120 for Van Vleet? These teams are desperate

lionaire likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's typical.

Amazing how most deals in the FA market are settled already even though teams are not suppose to be negotiating right now. Adam Silver just needs to do away with the waiting BS and let this be a signing free for all right after the draft. I don't see the reason to wait besides resolutions of cap related holds and items, which is why I think after the draft is a good timeline.

TheJuice and Reeko like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Unless that deal clears a bunch of cap (maybe it does, idk), that is a terrible deal for Denver

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

DEN supposedly wanted KCP for a long time, believed he’s a better fit for Joker.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

#89 J.R., Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Forget something?

J.R. likes this.
  11. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I feel the same way about Jimmy Butler.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. i3artow i3aller

14. xaos

xaos Member

Although I agree 4 firsts is a steep price for Murray, he's kind of underrated as a player. He is an all-star caliber player who plays both ends of the floor and still on the rise. He is about to enter his prime as a player. I'd take him over some of these "top 25 under 25" kind of guys in a heartbeat (ex: Tyler Herro, Miles Bridges, John Collins, Deandre Ayton, etc). All that being said, I agree, I don't see any team right now willing to trade 4 FRP's for him.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So Nets just gonna pick up a young all star caliber center for free to ruin our future picks with. thats cool

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Phx on crack?

18. xaos

xaos Member

won't believe it til I see it

19. i3artow i3aller

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

So PHX would rather have a big who can’t shoot free throws or stay healthy, a 1 dimensional shooter who sucks every postseason in Harris, and Cam Thomas who would get no PT over Ayton?

[​IMG]

What are they doing down there?

i3artow i3aller likes this.