1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

NBA's free agency period officially opens on Thursday, June 30 at 6:00 PM ET

2. i3artow i3aller

3. i3artow i3aller

4. i3artow i3aller

5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Atlanta includes Jalen Johnson, D-Rock will be like......

[​IMG]

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is interesting. They have the necessary contracts and players to make a S&T happen. S&T for Joe Harris and Seth Curry ($26 million combined) would benefit both teams. Curry would be the flame thrower on an expiring that Phoenix lacks and Harris has only two years left on his contract. Ayton, Simmons, Durant would be a formidable front lineup if all parties are healthy and can step on the court.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

thunder: sga, giddy, holmgreen

pistons: cunningham, ivey, duren

rockets: green, sengun, smith

magic: suggs, wagner, banchero

rank these trios 1-4

9. steddinotayto

Tough...I think the weakest one is the Magic trio because of Suggs. He had a ROUGH rookie season. If he rounds out to be a rich man's Josh Hart I think they'll have a promising future. I'm not a fan of Cole Anthony and I think his presence on that Magic roster is going to hurt Fultz/Suggs.

If I had to pick one trio to start out with I'd still pick Houston's but Detroit is riiiiiight there as a 1B. Not a fan of Duren but Cade/Jaden is a pretty good backcourt.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets, Pistons (very close).......OKC.......................
    ....................................................................................
    .......................................................................Magic

tehG l i d e likes this.
  12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Has to be Rockets because Green and Sengun are somewhat proven and Smith is considered the highest floor of the three top prospects. The Thunder are close because SGA is close to all-star status and Giddey showed flashes. The doubt is Bones Holmgren and his bust potential. The Pistons have the best player as of now in Cunningham, but Ivey and Duren are question marks. Then the Magic.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  13. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

I could go either way on the first three, but I would absolutely put the Magic last.

I'd probably go Rockets, Thunder, Pistons. By the totally scientific approach of ranking the players in question like this (potential and proven ability are both factors...I just ranked them in the order I'd want them on the Rockets):

Smith, Cunningham, Banchero, Gilgeous-Alexander, Green, Holmgren, Ivey, Giddy, Wagner, Sengun, Duren, Suggs

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

PJ is on borrowed time. Not sure why Morey is obsessing with his old Rockets. Reminds me of JVG and his obsession with Knicks former players.

JumpMan likes this.
  15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

More irrefutable evidence that Harden rubs teammates the wrong way and no one wants to play with him….

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

This would turn the Nets' depth from like a 20 (scale of 1-100) to like, a 5, though. Ayton would also be going from a team where everyone gets to eat due to the point gawd, to a team that features two ballstoppers as their primary scoring options.

Suns would be so much better. All they have to do is find a big who can play some defense, catch the ball and rebound.

steddinotayto likes this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. steddinotayto

Yea Brooklyn would be super top heavy, relying on 4 guys of which 3 have had serious injuries in their careers. Would be interesting to watch though lol

19. i3artow i3aller

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He wants to prove he was right.

Don't forget he drafted Melton as well. He just had to trade him to dump the Ryan Anderson contract. Also, most Morey guys can be had for cheap since they always have obvious warts. Usually, they're too small, or slow, or lack a handle, or out of shape or some other legitimate reason they are undervalued but they are usually really good at something.

I think analytics are useful but ultimately it's biggest downfall is the assumption that Clutch time/performance doesn't exist. It's literally the entire reason the rockets never won a championship in his era.